Allies airplanes

By the_red_eye2, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

img1934p.jpg

img1936b.jpg

img1935qs.jpg

Lot of pictures from this DUST DAY on the french forum (link above)

Wow, if that's what the pre-painted versions are going to look like, I'll definitely be buying them! They look fantastic!

The Axis flyer looked great, too. Both the Axis and Allied planes seemed better proportioned than the SSU helicopters which always looked too stubby to me.

Based on this pic, you can't actually fit a squad in the Prinzluther. That's a little disappointing. However, it also look like they're treating it as if it takes up only 2 spaces, instead of 4, which is interesting.

dw810.jpg

What's the stuff in this pic? Are these upcoming units or just people's kitbashes?

img_1939.jpg

Yes 2 squares but the model is too big…

I found the german transport disproportioned… the use of the heavy walker'legs is not a good choice obviously. I will think about a conversion.

The other models are fan (aka bifidus) creations.

Well the allied flyiers obviously have the same problem as the SSU ones - they look like real toys:P As for the comand vehicle i am suprised it uses only 2 fields. There is no chance that allied counterpart could fit in such a small area:P

Chibi planes?

The Prinzluther looks like a fine design. There is even a place for the tank riders!

I think they look great, can't wait for them to be released.

Dcal12 said:

I think they look great, can't wait for them to be released.

^ what he said…

This is the short movie clip that Dust Chronicles made of the new Allied plane.

i really like the allied plane…the engines COULD be a bit smaller, but i suppose they need all that bulk to accomodate the VK tech?? :)

did anyone notice the turret in the background? looks to me like the german "maus" tanks turret…. how big is that sucker going to be!! LOL…"takes up 8 squares…"

GraniteGreysock said:

i really like the allied plane…the engines COULD be a bit smaller, but i suppose they need all that bulk to accomodate the VK tech?? :)

did anyone notice the turret in the background? looks to me like the german "maus" tanks turret…. how big is that sucker going to be!! LOL…"takes up 8 squares…"

I'm pretty sure the models in the background of that video are custom/fan-made creations.

I'm digging the Allied planes though. Are those .30s or .50s in the nose?

The green one has .30s and rockets, while the blue one has .50s and bombs.

Cool! now I want one but I wonder what the price will be not for primium but standard

BlckWulf said:

Cool! now I want one but I wonder what the price will be not for primium but standard

Miniature Market has the Horton for $20 ($30msrp), so probably the same.

Mattador Actual said:

Miniature Market has the Horton for $20 ($30msrp), so probably the same.

I want one as well, a nice model. Of course UK prices are way higher than US prices. I don't know how Miniature Market do their prices with such a heavy discount. Shame the shipping to the UK is expensive.

The funny bit? I actually buy stuff often enough from Europe and Australia to ship here to the States because it is cheaper and the shipping isn't outrageous at all.

As far as the plane goes, I plan on getting one just to build a better looking Storm Talon C:SM flyer.