4 player Scenario 2 report

By Boojum, in Arkham Horror League

Just played Scenario 2 and won. Here is an after action report.

Beginning of game. Entered Scenario 2 with 7 clue tokens at bank. After some discussion we decided to use the exact same characters from scenario 1 and keep them for as long as the scenarios allow.

For opening strategy we had a choice, work to seal 6 gates, or work to close 8. (number of players +4) For a 4 player game or lower, closing looks like the best bet. For 6 players or more, I would have gone with sealing. Also, if you close the gates, you keep your clue tokens. This is good just in case these tokens carry over to scenario 3.

Each Player had a strategy for the game. I had Michael McGlen with Calvin, and I decided to be on monster patrol. With Michaels powers the Icy winds did not affect him and he could wander the streets better. Jenny Barnes started buying equipment at the general store. After 2 turns she got a Tommy gun too. Ashcan Pete and Joe Diamond started Jumping into gates as soon as they could.

Hardest part was when 3-4 high level monsters were roaming the streets in the Middle of the board, making an effective roadblock that Michaels Tommy gun could not blast through. (Curse you Physical Immunity). "Ashcan" Pete found a way around the roadblock, by going to the police station and deputizing himself. With the Police Wagon he could move wherever he wanted and bypass the monsters completely.

Terror track only got to 2. Doom Track got to 9. A mystic Environment that added +1 to difficulty of closing and sealing gates was in play for most of the game. With the way the rules for Ithaqua were worded, we decided that weather environments were discarded, and they did not replace the current environement. So the mystic Environment was never replaced.

FInally won by closing 8 gates, Kudos go to Ashcan Pete for closing 3 Gates. (Espcecially since he only closed one last time)

Gaming Oddities...

4. Joe Diamond: Private Investigator spending half the game without a clue. (or clue tokens)

3. Jenny Barnes blasting away with a Tommy Gun. (Michael McGlen was impressed)

2. Michael McGlens opening skill card made him an Expert Occultist. ("durrr.. Okay Mugsy.. whatever you say")

And finally...

1. "Ashcan" Pete: Deputy of Arkham

Boojum said:

A mystic Environment that added +1 to difficulty of closing and sealing gates was in play for most of the game. With the way the rules for Ithaqua were worded, we decided that weather environments were discarded, and they did not replace the current environement. So the mystic Environment was never replaced.

Is there such a Mystic Environment in the base game? All I can recall is R'lyeh Rising, but that only affects R'lyeh gates. Then again, I've been on a 2.5+ month hiatus from AH, so memory could be rusty.

As for the Weather vs Ithaqua, that's the way to play it, do steps 1-3 for the Mythos Phase, skip step 4, "Activate Mythos Ability" (ditto for Tsathoggua vs Urban).

Gah!.

you are right. It was only for Rileah. Oh well. The game lasteed a turn longer than it should have. We always end up missing one thing when we play. Different thing each time.

Finished game minutes ago.

We played with Sister Mary, Ashcan, Micheal and Jenny.

Me playing Micheal finished with 18 clues and close to 15 trophies. sorpresa.gif

Micheal (with Calvin) and Jenny were mainly cleaning up the streets, Ahscan and Mary took over handling the gates.WE managed to keep Arkham clear and didn't draw any Terror raising cards, so we managed to keep the TT at 0. Being plagued by several monster surges seemed to be blessing in disguise (more monster trophies and more clues).

We've managed to score 31, but loking at comments in another thread (that states that scores in the low 30 are to be expected), that doesn't seem to be very stellar score.