Record information

By LFITQ, in Arkham Horror League

I haven't played Chapter 1 yet, and have saved the information for Chapter 2 now and noticed that for Chapter 2 you have to remember how many unused Clue tokens were left over from Chapter 1.

Looking at the "tally sheet" from AHLeague 1 last year, I noticed there is no location to store unspent clue tokens.

I was just wondering how everyone is recording the information from previous chapters considering this "left over" issue has popped up in chapter 2. Also, what other information is everyone speculating should be recorded for upcoming Chapters?

many thnx!

LFITQ said:

I haven't played Chapter 1 yet, and have saved the information for Chapter 2 now and noticed that for Chapter 2 you have to remember how many unused Clue tokens were left over from Chapter 1.

Looking at the "tally sheet" from AHLeague 1 last year, I noticed there is no location to store unspent clue tokens.

I was just wondering how everyone is recording the information from previous chapters considering this "left over" issue has popped up in chapter 2. Also, what other information is everyone speculating should be recorded for upcoming Chapters?

many thnx!

I think the FAQ mentioned that you should record the number of unspent clue tokens, as well. So far it looks as if the clue tokens will carry over from one chapter to the next to make up for the missing clue tokens at the unsafe locations. I think this may be the continuing theme for this league.

We've been writing it out manually on the back of the scenarios each time we play..... We just added the line for clues.

Thnx for the replies everyone.

I am wondering if the "-1 point for retiring investigators" will get used once Dunwich gets added to the scenarios? The FAQ did mention the +1 for completed tasks and missions.

I am creating an Excel spreadsheet for automatic calculation of scores of gamesand just hoping I have all the possible scoring concepts so far. I only have the base set and I just bought Dunwich but haven't played it so I don't know about any other scoring possibilities.

I uploaded my first version to BGG today (so not up yet) but I forgot the tasks/missions so am working on vers. 2.0 right now.

I played before I read the faq so didn't record the clue tokens. Have updated my word doc scoring sheet to reflect this for the future though.

Version 1.0 of my excel spreadsheet is up on BGG.com

You can find it here.

As I mentioned above I am already working on version 2.0 so it includes Tasks/Missions and "retiring" of investigators in case that becomes an issue for the next scenarios.

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

A useful spreadsheet - thanks for making it available.

One thing I did notice - the formula for the Final Score is wrong. The Terror Track score is supposed to be subtracted from the Doom Track not the other way round. Hence, the formula should be...

=IF(H3="Win",SUM(B18:G18)+(E3-C3),0)

and the formula for the Final Score on the second sheet should be...

=IF(H26="Win",SUM(B41:G41)+(E26-C26),0)

Otherwise great job - I'll definitely be using it.

Thnx for the compliments.

Yeah that error got pointed out to me as well.

So I have fixed it and uploaded a new version (it is at 2.5 now).

Here is the link to the new file on BGG.com

Let me know of any other suggestions and ideas! (hopefully no more errors sonrojado.gif )

LFITQ said:

Let me know of any other suggestions and ideas! (hopefully no more errors sonrojado.gif )

Aren't unpaid & defaulted bank loans supposed to be subtracted out, too? I have never taken a bank loan, but thought the formula was:

Doom - Terror + unspent monster trophies/3 + unspent gate trophies + investigators alive - Elder signs used - unpaid or defaulted bank loans

It may be a small thing, but I have heard alot of people do default on bank loans intentionally in order to gear up in the game.

SylvanEve said:

LFITQ said:

Aren't unpaid & defaulted bank loans supposed to be subtracted out, too? I have never taken a bank loan, but thought the formula was:

Doom - Terror + unspent monster trophies/3 + unspent gate trophies + investigators alive - Elder signs used - unpaid or defaulted bank loans

It may be a small thing, but I have heard alot of people do default on bank loans intentionally in order to gear up in the game.

That would fall under the "Open Bank Loans" section.

'doh! I did not read well enough..... no more posting for me! Looks like a nice spreadsheet. (sorry, btw.)

I hope LFITQ doesn't mind but I've made some very minor tweaks to the spreadsheet. It can be downloaded from the following link...

AH_League_2_score_sheet_2.6.xlsx

All credit must go to LFITQ for making a great game aid.