Scenario Question- Is This Objective Impossible?

By Etna''s Vassal, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

So, I was at my FLGS playing a game when we suddenly came across a rules issue. Maybe we missed something, though…

We had built the following scenario:

Break The Line, Unprepared deployment, No Conditions

About a turn or so into the game we realized something- there's no way to win the game! Since the scenario calls for us to get our units into the enemy deployment zone, and there is no deployment zone, we figured that you just plain can't score points in this configuration. We ended up using the deployment zones a found in the Advancing Lines deployment option as a stopgap.

Ultimately we'd prefer to find out how we're supposed to resolve this issue. Does anybody know? Was this FAQed? Did I miss something in the rulebook somewhere?

Thanks!

Etna''s Vassal said:

So, I was at my FLGS playing a game when we suddenly came across a rules issue. Maybe we missed something, though…

We had built the following scenario:

Break The Line, Unprepared deployment, No Conditions

About a turn or so into the game we realized something- there's no way to win the game! Since the scenario calls for us to get our units into the enemy deployment zone, and there is no deployment zone, we figured that you just plain can't score points in this configuration. We ended up using the deployment zones a found in the Advancing Lines deployment option as a stopgap.

Ultimately we'd prefer to find out how we're supposed to resolve this issue. Does anybody know? Was this FAQed? Did I miss something in the rulebook somewhere?

Thanks!

I view the deployment zone as the opposing players table edge. I'd say you have to run your units off the opposite board edge. If not off the table, then say a six inch zone from table edge in.