POD and Pathfinder Update?

By Captain Fluffy, in Dragonstar

Its good to see that this system is still alive (ish). It is regularly played at my gaming club and seems to be pretty popular. Any chance maybe of an update to the Pathfinder system? That's the new king of the D20 systems and an upgrade could bring in some new players.

I am liking the way some of the old games like this Fireborn and Midnight are being (very) gently poked back into life. The opportunity to order the books as Print on Demand would be great. pdfs are ok to read but I find them rubbish to run games from.

Doubtful for the POD option but it is easy enough to print your own pdfs either at home or at a print shop. That way you can print what you want/need.

I'd love to see a reprint edition of this. Maybe a three volume omnibus or something updated for Pathfinder.

I agree. Dragonstar has SO many possibilities that FFG should think about having a freelance team obtain the rights to update it to either OGL 3.5 or even the Edge of Empire system if they don't want to do it themselves. The sad thing is that WOC is holding tight to one of the iconic advasary races (Mind Flayer), but I am sure that could be worked around. S&S did a pretty good job of that with their Ravenloft line.

I seem to remember some time back in 2011, when I was still learning Pathfinder, that I wondered if Dragonstar would get an update to the new rule set, so I did some research. If I recall, there was a movement that wanted the same, and they had started a fund raiser on Kickstarter. I didn't have any money at the time, so I couldn't pledge. I've no idea if they made their quota or not, either, as I have not checked back into it yet.

I've also thought about doing a homebrew update myself, but sadly I lack any play testers, or even a stable gaming group at the moment.

On 11/25/2012 at 10:54 AM, Toqtamish said:

Doubtful for the POD option but it is easy enough to print your own filezilla uc browser rufus pdfs either at home or at a print shop. That way you can print what you want/need.

I am liking the way some of the old games like this Fireborn and Midnight are being (very) gently poked back into life. The opportunity to order the books as Print on Demand would be great. pdfs are ok to read but I find them rubbish to run games from.

Edited by ZINADOLL