Hacan influence grabbing

By DanBa, in Rex: Final Days of an Empire

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum with a quick question concerning Rex. I read some of the other threads, hoping to find the info I'm looking for, to no avail. Before explaining my problem, I have to admit that I have the German version, I only know the English manual, not the English game, maybe the problem I'm having is limited to the German version. So here it is:

The Lazax and the Hacan both have the special ability to collect influence when other players spend it. The text on their faction cards is almost identical (as I said, German version), except for the part about what other players have to spend their influence on. In the manual (both the German and the English manual in fact), in the part about clarification of the factions' abilities, it states that "whenever an ally of the Hacan spend influence" on troops the Hacan get that influence. This is not clarified for the Lazax. What I can gather from reading this forum (and others) is that the Lazax do indeed get influence from other players for card bidding whether they are allied or not. How about the Hacan's ability? Do they only get influence from their allies? Why is there a difference between the card's and the manual? Is this limited to the German translation?

Anyway, I hope you guys can help out. Thanks in advance!

Dan

From what I can remember without pulling the game out, Hacan get ALL(except their own) influence spent on troup deployment, whether from an ally or not, and the Lazax get ALL(except their own) influence spent bidding on strategy cards

Haergrim said:

From what I can remember without pulling the game out, Hacan get ALL(except their own) influence spent on troup deployment, whether from an ally or not, and the Lazax get ALL(except their own) influence spent bidding on strategy cards

Correct.

IIRC, allies of the Hacan get to pay half price for shipping, and I think the rulebook was clarifying that the half they pay still goes to the Hacan. Non-allies of the Hacan still need to pay Hacan for shipping, but they pay full price.

In the case of Lazax, there is no discount on what you must pay just for being an ally, so there's no need to try and clarify that.

Thanks guys. Seems to be an error in the manual then. Maybe they should put that into the errata…