Looking for players in Switzerland

By chaosbird, in A Game of Thrones LCG

Hi All,

Sadly I couldn't play for almost a year now, but I was just thinking of returning to the game if can find a few players nearby. (Also of course OCTGN is an option as well..)

Right now I'm located in Zurich, Switzerland so if you are here or at least not that far, just drop me a message!

I know there are many players around Geneve, but that's a little bit far for from here for playing, however I would join to some championships there in the future… So please notify me about those as well! :)

Thanks!

Hi there. I am in a similar situation. I have played A Game of Thrones almost 2 years ago. I have left playing since I am living in Switzerland. I live in Wettingen, perhaps we could meet some day to put into action our cards. Do you play in some spieleclub, shop or local in Zurich?

Hello,

I juste started playing AGoT and i'd be really interested to play the game with other players - If you don't mind playing with a noobie though.

By the way i'm in the French part of Switzerland near Lausanne - Where are those Geneva players ?

My Google Fu hasn't been sufficient to find anything… Is there some known places around where to play??

Thanks,

-O.

thorondor,

Thanks for your reply i'll drop you a mail :)
Btw i'm too far of a beginer to participate in any competitive event yet ;)

Cheers,
-O.

Hello, there is a big communauty of players in the French speaking part if switzerland (Swiss are even French champions of Joust, melee and general this year), the swiss regional was just held last week end in Geneve. To contact those players you should go to the French forums :

http://letronedeferjce.forumactif.com/t1363p60-parties-sur-vevey-lausanne-suisse

You will be ale to meet players from Lausanne as well ;)

The English speaking part of the French forums :

http://letronedeferjce.forumactif.com/f45-international-agot

I bet some swiss players can speak german, try to contact them there.

Hello,

Me and my friends (totally 6) are now playing aGoT since one Year. Now we are looking for other players in Switzerland. We are from the German part near Luzern.

Someone knows players how can speak German or English from Switzerland? May we can meet us for playing.

Thank you for help.

hi schlumpf!
have you been looking at the german forum of Heidelberger Spielerverlag?

Hi guys,

My name is Chris, aka marduk. I'm from Geneva but currently live in Fribourg for my studies.

I've organized the last three Swiss championships and I would love to extend the community to the German speaking part of Switzerland. I thought the game was dead there but I was wrong apparently :D

Anyway, there are monthly tournaments in Geneva as well a game nights on Thursdays. There is also a meta in Lausanne and one starting in Fribourg (myself and MadHuntsman atm).

If you would like to set up a meeting, you can send me a PM or an e-mail at [email protected] .

I'd be glad to travel to Zurich or Luzern (or anywhere else in the country for that matter) to get to meet you all and play a few games :rolleyes:

CU,

Chris

Hello!

I have just found this thread and wanted to mention that I am also playing some games a week with a friend up here in Basel . We are playing with the German language cards, though. But the game is definitely not dead in the German speaking part of Switzerland :) So if anything is upcoming... tournaments, championships, ... I would love to know about it and see whether I maybe could join.

Cheers,

Jörg

Hello!

I have just found this thread and wanted to mention that I am also playing some games a week with a friend up here in Basel . We are playing with the German language cards, though. But the game is definitely not dead in the German speaking part of Switzerland :) So if anything is upcoming... tournaments, championships, ... I would love to know about it and see whether I maybe could join.

Cheers,

Jörg

I'd recommend you register in the German AGoT forum, too:

forum.hds-fantasy.de

There are active metas in Karlsruhe and Heidelberg, which are not *that* far from Basel. Maybe you can get in touch with those guys and see when they have tournaments etc. planned.

It might also be a good idea to leave your contact info in this thread:

http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=506

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL BEEN 'TILL NOW?!?!?

seriously guys... been looking for players in Switzerland for OVER A YEAR. Writing in forums, etc. and no reply. I was beginning to think that me and my friend are the only two people playing in this country.

Ok, so we're really desperate for new players. As mentioned we've been playing for a while and have - according to our own opinions - a fair grasp on the game but are by far no professionals.

we live in the Zurich area and would prefer co-players who speak English or at the vey least play with English cards.

Pleas, please, please get in contact!!

Thanks

Jessica and Lisa

Jessica and Lisa

~Great idea pretending that you're women! That should get these nerds off their lazy butts! ;)

Just kidding. I'll ask the Swiss players I know. They're all from the french speaking part though. You should take up Thorondor on his offer and send him an email (see reply #4 above). He is the best connected man in Europe when it comes to AGOT. I can also give you the e-mail of mardukch (reply#9), if he agrees. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Last but not least, have you seen this thread?

http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=17555