Any chance of a deluxe of collector's edition for this game?

By player1156726, in Cosmic Encounter

…Or at least a premium figures line for the ships and/or aliens? :)

I know the Ninth and final Expansion Set for the original Eon game included a new, larger box and consolidated rulebook to bring it all together. I'm not sure if FFG would go that route or not when the final expansion (which I think is intended to be the fan-written one) comes out.

As far as a big box with original and the three expansions, I'm sure a $60 game plus 3x$25 expansions would have to be prohibitively expensive to make individual sales still feasible, but a collector's edition would be neat. I would think the fan expansion with a possibility of a component pack most likely.

The production quality for this game is so good, I can't see too much more being done, but if you want to have something special, try painting the ships.

The production quality for this game is so good, I can't see too much more being done, but if you want to have something special, try painting the ships.

Wow. Amazing how a simple solution can be overlooked (and make me feel like an idiot). I definitely will paint.

You see, 2 of our regular players are color blind. We have a large group (typically 6-8) for CE so we use most/all of the colors, some of which are hard to tell apart.

I raided my Avalon Hill version and several other games for game tokens in order to have different shapes to help out.

Never thought (duh) to just to paint a design on the saucers.

Thanks Grim, for helping that light bulb to pop on.