Guardian Pillar + Scylla's Well + monophobia + Khopesh

By bricks16, in CoC Rules Discussion

Hey just a quick question. my buddy played a Guardian pillar and his next turn played a scylla's well on the pillar. my questions is

1) Does Guardian Pillar text box get blanked when scylla is on it?

2) Since guardian pillar has scylla's well on it, it is a character with scyllas stats, can you never trigger pillars ability?

3) If you can still trigger pillars ability and it becomes a new character with pillars stats ignoring scylla can you avoid cards like monophobia, if monophobia was played on pillar while it has Scylla's stats?

4) Also if you are using the Scylla + Guardian combo can you put a Khopesh on it, wound it 3 times then use pillars ability to wipe the wounds and do it again next turn when pillar becomes a character due to Scylla?

Sorry if its confusing. Here are the cards if people dont know.

med_scyllas-well-it.jpg med_gallery_53_285473.jpg med_monophobia-tbj.jpg med_khopesh-of-the-abyss-tss.jpg

1,2) Not sure, but i'd say you can attach Scylla to it and then still use its ability to commit him changing his stats.

3) It doesnt matter when monophobia is played, its still attached to guardian pillar; guardian pillars ability does not grant him any special bonus regarding cannot commit effects if he ware a character, so i see no reson to ignore it (assuming his ability is usable, but it seems to be)

4) Invoulnerability does not heal wounds already present, in fact using pillars ability means you lose toughness and die not heal, invulnerability prevents other effects from wounding you, but when youre already wounded it doesnt help at all

Not mentioning the fact that both Guardian Pillar and Khopesh are on restricted list so they cant be both played in the same deck.

1) Does Guardian Pillar text box get blanked when scylla is on it?

No. Nothing on the card says it would blank anything, so it doesn't.

2) Since guardian pillar has scylla's well on it, it is a character with scyllas stats, can you never trigger pillars ability?

Yes, you can trigger it, nothing hints or says that you couldn't. If you did so, it would use the Guardian Pillar stats while at the story.

3) If you can still trigger pillars ability and it becomes a new character with pillars stats ignoring scylla can you avoid cards like monophobia, if monophobia was played on pillar while it has Scylla's stats?

No. It's not a new character, it just temporarily has different stats. It's no different from a card that say granted an extra Combat icon. So you cannot avoid anything.

4) Also if you are using the Scylla + Guardian combo can you put a Khopesh on it, wound it 3 times then use pillars ability to wipe the wounds and do it again next turn when pillar becomes a character due to Scylla?

They're both Restricted cards, but assuming for the moment they were not… This doesn't work because Invulnerability doesn't heal anything. It just makes you incapable of taking a wound.

FWIW, I agree with dboeren (and basically with Zephir).

Zephyr, I'm not sure that gaining Invulnerability makes you lose Toughness, do you have a source on that part?

I'm assuming that he is going along with what everyone else is saying, that when you use the pillar's ability, it is no longer the character created by the well, which would replace the icons and text, rather than add onto it. That being the case, it would lose toughness while gaining invulnerability, resulting in its unfortunate demise.

gaining invulnerability doesnt make you lose toughtness, but activating pillar will take this toughness +2 from Scyllas well away, and it can mean destruction of the pillar if he has wounds nad no toughness form other source

so using pillars ability with Khopesh attached and 1 wound will not kill it, but with 2 it would mean pillars destruction

Thats awesome thanks for the responses. it makes sense.