San Francisco / Peninsula

By SkyGazer, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

jmccarthy said:

Good games, fellas. Nice to meet you all.

Agreed, I had tons of fun and it was refreshing to see some new faces and play against new opponents.

Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday! It was great to meet you all and I hope that maybe we can get together again sometime soon...Perhaps at CaliCon?!?!

The biggest thanks go to those of you who drove the farthest! It was good of you to do so.

My brother-in-law had a good time. He said it was a pleasure to meet a gaming community of friendly, well-adjusted and obviously bright adults. (He works with poorly-adjusted teenagers for a living...)

I had a great time too. Wish I could have stayed long enough to try a melee.

I had a great time and really enjoyed the games. We'll have to have you guys up our way soon.

Added benefit, Dan and I talked about his Targaryen/Greyjoy deck on the back and I gave him some thoughts I had on potential deck and I think between the two of us we may have come up with a deck good enough to neutralize the 5 power differential of the treaty. Interestingly enough it may be just as strong in melee.

I really enjoyed the games too, even if I was a bit rusty on the mechanics. It was interesting to see new deck archetypes in action. Had not seen the Martells before, and Weenie Rush was an eye opener. Definitely need to pick up the Refugees chapter pack to get the zero drops.

Lets meet up again on a weekend afternoon, this time at EndGame.

-Scott

ps. are you guys planning to be at Pacificon in September. Do you know if anyone is running LCG events there?

Dr.Cornelius said:

ps. are you guys planning to be at Pacificon in September. Do you know if anyone is running LCG events there?

I have not heard of it before, when/where/what is it? Do you have any info for the event or is it still too early? I am very curious...

Pacificon game convention is Labor Day weekend: Sept 4-7 in Santa Clara, near the intersection of 101 and 237. The con is similar in size to Kublacon or DunDraCon. I don't know if there will be any organized AGOT events, but it would be great to meet up and play LCG.

Link: http://conquestsf.avalongamecon.com/index.html

Still kinda recovering from Calicon so Jen, Zoey and I won't be making it out to Game Kastle tonight.

That said I plan to be there next week on Thursday assuming nothing comes up. I think the normal start time there is about 7:30pm.

Now some people at Calicon were talking about the possibility of maybe either shifting the play day or adding another one. So, if you're anyway near San Jose and want to play some Thrones and there is a day other than Thursday you wanna play let us all know. No reason we can't get some games in more than once a week (other than you know work and family and stuff).

jmccarthy said:

I've gotten my brother hooked, but he lives in Sacramento, and my wife isn't particularly fond of complicated gaming..

I live in Sacramento and am looking for someone to play with. Is he still involved with AGoT?

(I know i'm quoting from almost a year back, but at this point with the scarce players there are in Sacramento I am getting desperate)

J Mac

cha0s' brother and another friend of our's play out in Sac together sometimes. You should talk to cha0s about getting in contact with his brother. Unless of course you are his brother, in which case ignore this whole post.

either way, welcome to the boards.

Thanks DeathJester26. Yeah, this is Cha0s' brother. So that doesn't solve my dilemma :(

J Mac said:

jmccarthy said:

I've gotten my brother hooked, but he lives in Sacramento, and my wife isn't particularly fond of complicated gaming..

I live in Sacramento and am looking for someone to play with. Is he still involved with AGoT?

(I know i'm quoting from almost a year back, but at this point with the scarce players there are in Sacramento I am getting desperate)

Hey J Mac. My brother doesn't own any cards, but he might be willing to play. He's at Sac State and is pretty busy this semester, but he might be able to find some time, and I know his next (and last) semester will be pretty chill. Shoot me an email and I can put you in contact with him. [email protected]

Nice to see you on the boards J Mac, wish you luck up there. Shame you're a bit too far for an easy comute down here to join us.

Local reminder for anyone that can make it Game night at Game Kastle tonight. I'll be there sometime between 7 and 7:30pm.

Freerider said:

Local reminder for anyone that can make it Game night at Game Kastle tonight. I'll be there sometime between 7 and 7:30pm.

@Freerider: Did you get my PM a couple days ago? I tried to send you my email address so we could coordinate schedules.

I won't be able to make it to Game Kastle tonight. And I haven't heard from Dr. Cornelius all week. The last time that happened, he didn't show up on Thursday night either. So unless you hear from him this afternoon, you might be disappointed if you make the drive over the hill.

Sorry if this is late notice. Send me an email when you get my PM, so we can coordinate for another day.

Yeah, only just got your email today, but that's okay, I'm expecting at least one person there and I'll just hope some others show up. If not, well at the very least I can pick up some copies of the new chapter pack cause it's smoking good.

So, anyone up for Thrones this week? Tomorrow evening at Game Kastle? Or is everyone busy this week. Give a shout.

Freerider said:

So, anyone up for Thrones this week? Tomorrow evening at Game Kastle? Or is everyone busy this week. Give a shout.

I plan to be there tonight at 7:30. Dr. Cornelius said he may come at 8:00.

KublaCon Update!

A Game of Thrones now has 3 superb events scheduled for KublaCon weekend in Burlingame, California for May 29-30.

Saturday 11am-5pm : LCG Joust Tournament, 4-5 rounds of Swiss with a cut to top 8 and single elimination.

Saturday 6pm-11pm : Legacy and LCG CUBE draft! If you have never experienced draft, this is your chance to experience an incredibly fun format. All draft supplies are provided...all you need do show up ready to put your skills to the test. Draft may be the most fun, unpredictable format in Thrones.

Sunday: 10am-4pm: LCG Melee. We will have 3-4 table rounds, with a cut to the final four table. Melee is the ultimate test of skill and awareness. Pit yourself against three opponents at once for some seriously mind-bending and swingy play. There's no telling who will finish atop the midden heap in a melee!

The Ironmen of the Easy Bay would like to invite all California players to this amazing Con. Even if you're not from California, there are many that can attest to the quality and fun of KublaCon. There are so many games to choose from, a weekend spent here will never be boring. Come on, make the trip, you know you want to!

www.kublacon.com

If you purchase an advanced weekend pass on or before February 28th, the cost is only $35 for four days of unlimited gaming. The pass gets you into ALL games at the convention, not just Thrones!

Hi all,

Not sure anyone is still following this group. I used to play in the bay area quite a bit, but go out of Game of thrones just before the switch to LCG. No I am looking to get back in. Is anyone around the San Carlos area still playing? If some send me an email Brian at Laing.org.

Cheers,

Brian

I'll be at Black Diamond this week!