Armor Attachment idea

By Thebearisdriving, in General Discussion

Auto-Doq
Armor is often designed with to protect and shield it's wearer from harm. Inevitably harm does fall, and even the best armor can't prevent someone's untimely injury. Armor with an Auto-doq is armor built with the worst in mind. The attachment requires integrated sensors placed across critical points to detect the wearer's medical status. I the armor's wearer becomes incapaciated due to wonds a special automated injector pumps generous quantites of stim-pak chemicals to jolt the wearer awake and keep them going. Often used by loners and bounty hunters, this armor attachment has proven invaluable to get that last little edge in case of the worst.
Base modifiers: The autodoq can store two stimpacks at a time. When the wearer suffers damage that exceeds his wound threshold the system automatically injects the wearer with all stored stimpacks. Reloading the stimpacks takes 1 minute.
Modification options: increase the healing provided by the stored stimpacks by one point.
Hard points: two
Cost: 8,500 credits (Rarity 8)

If you don't mind, I think I'll steal the idea and put something along these lines into the fringers' handbook I've been slapping together from bits and pieces found here and there. I'll even credit you for helping extending the thing. It's the least I can for throwing such a good idea out there.

Jegergryte said:

If you don't mind, I think I'll steal the idea and put something along these lines into the fringers' handbook I've been slapping together from bits and pieces found here and there. I'll even credit you for helping extending the thing. It's the least I can for throwing such a good idea out there.

Sure sir. That's why i posted this. I've got a whole Long freaking list of items from my old saga days I was going to convert. I can always let you know as I do them.

Please do - while most of the stuff in my little supplement is converted from d20 and d6 sources, some is also made or mentioned by people on these forums, a small minority is made or thought up by me. I appreciate any and all input for this project. Currently I've renamed and added a few things to your armor-doq:

Emergency medical suite
This emergency medial suite has several sensors and injectors fitted on crucial points inside the armour. When triggered these sensors will immediately initiate a resuscitation attempt by injecting the wearer with a sizeable quantity of stimulants and pain killers.
Often used by loners and bounty hunters, this armour attachment has proven invaluable to get that last little edge in case of the worst.
Base modifiers: The armour can store two stim-packs inside a special compartment, connected to tubes and injectors inside the armour. When the wearer suffers damage that exceeds his wound threshold the system automatically injects the wearer with all stored stim-packs. Reloading the stim-packs requires 3 manoeuvres.
Modification options: Increase stim-pack storage (+1 stim-pack) mod, Improved dosage system Mod (recipient of stim-pack injection can receive one more stim-application before reducing the effect of the stim-pack solution – applies only to the medical suite injections), Improved stim-packs (stim-packs heal +1 point), Medical array (upgrade medical tests on wearer once due to diagnostic readouts) Mod.
Hard points: two
Cost: 12,500 credits (Rarity 8)

The second supplement will be less gear heavy, and focus more on NPCs and opponents, but with a nice little list of starships for the players to fear.

You've got my blessing. :)