So....

By GeneralReaction89, in UFS Off Topic

in sf and sf2 i played dhalsim, but the only time i played him in this game he sucked. dhalsim has always been my guy, but if i ever acquire sf4 i may have to play another char.

Though I don't own it technically (Sci Fi club entrusts me to watch over the game), In this order:

Dictator (Bison): Ex Headstomp=UNFAIR DAMAGE OMGOMGOMG. Scissor kick combos are not really all that tough. By far among the easiest characters to combo into ultra with (LOL Aerial Mpunchx2->Ultra)

Sagat: TIGER KNEE! TIGER KNEE! TIGER KNEE! I know there's more...but I don't care. =p

Ken: Just to have fun. I seriously can't Kara cancel to save my life. Couldn't care less to as well.

I'd totally play with everyone online if getting Cisco Clean Access to actually work on my Ps3 wasn't such a biatch.

trane said:

in sf and sf2 i played dhalsim, but the only time i played him in this game he sucked. dhalsim has always been my guy, but if i ever acquire sf4 i may have to play another char.

dolly's a lot tougher to master this time around - he's not a gimme like he is in hdrmx. you gotta constantly be on the move and controlling the space around you - and the ability to teleport at different heights of your jump to different screen areas is key.

it gets dicey when people can close the gap and stay out of throw range, so when all else fails, HEADBUTT

lolsim is alot harder to play this time around. what omar said is key. when they come at you. HEAD BUTT. is so sexy.

also with lolsim you can jump and bait so many anti airs, land behind and SUUUUPPPRRIIISSSEE BUUUUTTT SEEEXXX, so epic.

use his cr fp and st mk to control space, it's so godly. also his jump game is solid with mp and lp controlling really good.

my favs are balrog, sagat, dictator and lolhonda. honda's slaps look like midget arms but it's okay b/c he is sick good.

GeneralReaction89 said:

by the way does anyone know how Gouken came back to life. and since he's such a beast how did he even lose in the first place

bloody sf canon is a pain in the arse and constantly changing and as far as capcom are concerned no external media effects the storyline of the game although gouken first visually appearead in tokuma comic's manga from 93/94 and was killed by M bison (vega) and the whole sheng long thing was another US capcom **** like the character name changes and ryu and ken's fighting styles being called shotokan instead of ansatsuken as we all know mortal kombat deception's sub zero has a more valid interpretation of the shotokan martial art

but back to the point sf4 is set between sf2 and sf3 where as sfa1-3 are all set before sf2

sf4 says that eliza is pregnant with mel and sf3 double impact shows mel as 3 years old so this gives us a better idea of the timescale as about 94/95 (atleast until capcom decide to say anything definate come steetfighter 4 turbo upper upper hyperfighting high definition megamix matching service comes out....or whatever they call it)

and in the games story it is always suggested that akuma (gouki) kills both gouken and goutetsu although akuma never actually beat gouken in the match he lost to him several times and ended up using the Shungokusatsu on him

right as to characters surviving gen can easily be brought back by just saying he was playing possum sure he's old crippled and dying slowly but hey look at most martial arts movies there is always someone like that and gen has survived akuma's Shungokusatsu by clearing his mind and what have you

its possible that gouken used a similar method to gen or possibly a ressurection technique as gill did to survive it in sf3

or they capcom could easily ***** foot out of explaining it by saying his appearance in the game is merely as a bonus character and not to be considered part of the sfverse canon

the otherside of it is that we can assume how gen and gouken survived (ok maybe he woke up since only the comics and stuff showed his grave and well it would be interesting to see them do gouken shoryukening his way out of a texas funeral in an intro sequence to the first sf4 update) but what gets me is the reappearence of m.bison now i know the streetfighter 2 canon changes a lot more than most in the streetfighter universe as its had more incarnations and capcom insist on changing things in each so the story alters and you should always take the latest incarnations story as current canon so up until sf2hd the latest version was sf2 revival on the gba which saw akuma (gouki) use the shungokusatsu on m. bison (vega) before anyone could fight him but being to cheap to buy a ps3 or 360 and get another version of sf2 when there are very few other games i want to play on either i'm not sure if the canon has changed from this though i highly doubt it and don't ask me who won the tournaments as they cause some very arguementative questions but from what i know sf2 was guile and sf3 was alex

now i could be completely wrong on all this as its completely changing but from what i can see gen is still cheating death through meditation and smoking way to much opium

gouken took a really long nap then shoryukened his way out of the coffin

and M.Bison (vega) is ******* more impossible to kill than cyberakuma in streetfighter vs marvel superheroes and just turned in to a ball of psycho energy pussied off for a while and had a bunch of dumb ass henchmen stick him into another body (which explains his jump from muscular physique in the alpha series (pre sf2) skinny in sf2 and muscular again in sf4 its either that or a side effect of psychopowers is a really bad eating disorder

feel free to rip into my explaination if you know the real reasons

nah, sounds good. I think SF4 is Capcom's way of making Akuma look like a sissy.

quarzark said:

nah, sounds good. I think SF4 is Capcom's way of making Akuma look like a sissy.

sounds about right and it should hopefully help with diversity but unlikely as ken well always be around lol...maybe they should actually incorporate the ending of sf3 ryu final manga in to the sfverse canon coz with ryu dead ken gets a beer belly and becomes a family man (since he has no reason to continue as ryu is dead and he'd already one and sean still sucks and mel is a little chicken when it comes to fighting (just like momma) and akuma will have killed of all the remaining fighters of his style (unless capcom explain how gouken came back or god forbid decide to bring goutetsu into a game so they can make akuma and gouken like and incredibly over powered older versions of ken and ryu with an evily hard end charachter for them both to face)so he will just be off wandering the planet looking for someone to kill him destroying wooden dolls in some secluded area ) and we can see the story progress in a less erratic non-fantastical fashion that makes less and less sense each time they add something to it

but then we'd all get pissed off that our favourite charachters have disappeared....which could be solved easily....new street fighter games = new charachters and the vs series games (cap vs snk etc.) = cram as many of the capcom roster into the game as possible....oh i wait patiently for mugen sized capcom vs game with literally every capcom character created....just less broke than mugen lol

but yeah sf4 akuma is a sissy bring back cyber akuma i miss that evil bastard he was hard as ****

cyberakuma said:

I'll just rip into it because it makes no sense and was poorly written. Seriously we're on wall-of-text impossible to understand level here.

My favorite is currently Balrog. I just need to get the muscle memory to get his Super, Ultra, and comboes out effectively. I'm rusty as hell when it comes to fighters. Others I like using...Sakura (I suck with her), Guile, and Blanka.

Gouken: Akuma never kills him. The opening animation makes that clear. To clear up one bit, however...he didnt JUST wake up in time for SFIV. To me, it's clear that he woke up when Ken and Ryu left the dojo, a short time after his 'death'. He just doesnt bother to let them know that he's alive as he'd rather they train on their own from this point. He only intervenes later to keep Akuma from getting Ryu.

Gouken's Prologue and Ending

Akuma's Prologue and Ending

Tangent time...

I personally prefer Gouki and Gouken instead of Akuma and Gouken...more "cohesiveness".

I know i have heard the story, but why the hell did cap change Gouki's name in the US

Smazzurco said:

I know i have heard the story, but why the hell did cap change Gouki's name in the US

Didn't sound evil enough, if I recall correctly. Remember this was back when Super Turbo came out, and Capcom of USA were absolute funktards back then.

cyberakuma said:

*wall-of-profane-text-snipped*

dude. this is not the SRK forums, or the local arcade. clean up your language when you post here, fix your signature, and realize what you signed up for when you agreed to the terms and conditions of this site, which is family-friendly.

your posts have been reported.

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

dude. this is not the SRK forums, or the local arcade. clean up your language when you post here, fix your signature, and realize what you signed up for when you agreed to the terms and conditions of this site, which is family-friendly.

is that all you have to say? no input on anything to do with topic itself i just merely offended you with some vulgar language? and i have no doubt the overall forums tos state they are family friendly but i'd have to hope that they don't ufs is family friendly with the franchises it has chosen since many of the original versions of the samurai shodown games were banned before video game censorship came in due to use of graphic imagery the original soul edge game's intro sequence had to be edited for release in many places because of its depiction of a nude sophitia and then we can even mention the age ratings that the games ufs are based upon stopping minors from viewing their content due to scenes of graphic violence

....so if a family friendly product is allowed to contain a collection of amassed sex and violence i'm sure they aren't going to mind the odd bit of profanity

if you have something to input the topic i'm more than willing to comment but if you are here just to be anal about other people's choice of language (and what THEY choose to put in THEIR signature) then expect to be ignored

Homme Chapeau said:

cyberakuma said:

I'll just rip into it because it makes no sense and was poorly written. Seriously we're on wall-of-text impossible to understand level here.

i can change it to german if that'll help?

cyberakuma said:

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

is that all you have to say? no input on anything to do with topic itself i just merely offended you with some vulgar language? and i have no doubt the overall forums tos state they are family friendly but i'd have to hope that they don't ufs is family friendly with the franchises it has chosen since many of the original versions of the samurai shodown games were banned before video game censorship came in due to use of graphic imagery the original soul edge game's intro sequence had to be edited for release in many places because of its depiction of a nude sophitia and then we can even mention the age ratings that the games ufs are based upon stopping minors from viewing their content due to scenes of graphic violence

....so if a family friendly product is allowed to contain a collection of amassed sex and violence i'm sure they aren't going to mind the odd bit of profanity

if you have something to input the topic i'm more than willing to comment but if you are here just to be anal about other people's choice of language (and what THEY choose to put in THEIR signature) then expect to be ignored

...are you really this dense? this is an incredibly serious question that i wish for you to search the shallow depths of the wasteland you think to be your mind.

find me ONE CARD where you see profane language. point it out to me and i will jump off the roof of my home and leave my complete ufs collection and upcoming champion cards in your name.

you erred. it has been pointed out to you. mend what you have wronged, or shut up. it's that simple. i don't need to see another reply from you on this, because i DON'T CARE.

cyberakuma said:

Homme Chapeau said:

cyberakuma said:

i'd prefer in french if possible.

Admiral Ren said:

cyberakuma said:

Homme Chapeau said:

cyberakuma said:

HURR HURR YOU WOULD ;p

Admiral Ren said:

cyberakuma said:

Homme Chapeau said:

cyberakuma said:

sf sanglante canon est une douleur dans la fesse et en constante évolution et dans la mesure où capcom sont pas concernés les médias des effets externes de l'histoire du jeu, bien que visuellement gouken premier appearead Tokuma en bande dessinée du manga à partir de 93/94 et a été tué par M bison (VEGA) et tout le long sheng, c'est un autre des États-Unis capcom baiser comme le caractère de changement de nom et ken ryu et styles de combats appelés shotokan lieu de ansatsuken comme nous le savons tous mortal kombat tromperie sous le zéro a une interprétation valable de l'art martial shotokan

mais de retour au point de SF4 est fixé entre sf2 et SF3 où que sfa1-3 sont tous définis avant sf2

SF4 dit que eliza est enceinte de mel et SF3 double impact montre mel de 3 ans si ce qui nous donne une meilleure idée des délais que sur les 94/95 (du moins jusqu'à ce que Capcom décide de venir dire quoi que ce soit défini steetfighter 4 turbo supérieure supérieure hyperfighting haute définition megamix service de sort ou quoi que ce soit .... ils l'appellent)

et dans l'histoire des jeux, il est toujours proposé que Akuma (Gouki) tue les deux gouken et goutetsu bien Akuma gouken jamais battu dans le match, il a perdu à lui à plusieurs reprises et s'est terminée à l'aide de la Shungokusatsu sur lui

droit à des personnages survivants gen peut facilement être ramené d'un peu de dire qu'il jouait possum sûr qu'il ancien paralysé et mourir lentement mais hey regarde plus les films d'arts martiaux, il ya toujours quelqu'un qui a survécu et gen Akuma's Shungokusatsu par son esprit et son centre qu'avez-vous

est possible que gouken utilisé une méthode similaire à gen ou, éventuellement, une technique que la résurrection n'a gill de survivre dans SF3

ou ils pourraient facilement capcom chatte pied de l'expliquer en disant que son apparition dans le jeu est comme un simple caractère de bonus et de ne pas être considérés comme faisant partie du canon sfverse

Par contre, c'est que nous pouvons supposer comment gen et survécu gouken (ok peut-être, il s'est réveillé depuis que les bandes dessinées et des choses a montré sa tombe et il serait intéressant de les voir faire gouken shoryukening sa sortie d'un enterrement dans un texas séquence d'intro de la première mise à jour SF4), mais ce qui est moi, c'est la reappearence de m.bison Maintenant, je sais streetfighter 2 canon changements beaucoup plus que dans la plupart des univers streetfighter a plus que ses incarnations capcom et insister sur l'évolution des choses dans chaque sorte l'histoire change et vous devez toujours prendre les dernières incarnations histoire en tant que canon sorte jusqu'à sf2hd la version la plus récente a été sf2 gba sur la relance qui a vu Akuma (Gouki) utiliser le shungokusatsu sur m. Bison (Vega), avant que n'importe qui pourrait lutter contre lui mais le fait d'être à bon marché pour acheter une ps3 ou 360 et d'obtenir une autre version de sf2 quand il ya très peu d'autres jeux je veux jouer sur les deux je ne sais pas si le canon a changé à partir de ce si je doute fort et ne me demandez pas qui a gagné les tournois car ils causent de très arguementative questions, mais d'après ce que je sais sf2 était guile et SF3 a alex

Maintenant, je pouvais être complètement tort sur ce que son évolution, mais complètement de ce que je peux voir gen est encore mort de tricherie par la méditation et l'usage du tabac à beaucoup d'opium

gouken a eu une très longue sieste puis shoryukened moyen de sortir de son cercueil

et M. Bison (Vega) est putain impossible de tuer plus que cyberakuma en super-héros Marvel vs streetfighter et simplement remises à une boule d'énergie psycho pussied off pendant un certain temps et a un tas de dumb ass sbires de lui coller dans un autre corps (ce qui explique son saut de physique musculaire dans la série alpha (pré sf2) skinny en sf2 et musculaire de nouveau en SF4 que soit son ou un effet secondaire de psychopowers est un trouble de l'alimentation vraiment mauvaise

n'hésitez pas à déchirer dans mon explication, si vous connaissez les véritables raisons

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

...are you really this dense? this is an incredibly serious question that i wish for you to search the shallow depths of the wasteland you think to be your mind.

find me ONE CARD where you see profane language. point it out to me and i will jump off the roof of my home and leave my complete ufs collection and upcoming champion cards in your name.

you erred. it has been pointed out to you. mend what you have wronged, or shut up. it's that simple. i don't need to see another reply from you on this, because i DON'T CARE.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity

In cartoons, profanity is often depicted by substituting symbols for words, as a form of non-specific censorship. PA_043.jpg

be more specific in your requests in the future fore they could see you having to jump off a tall building

As UFS is not a children's game, we expect you to act like adults. While profanity as occasional emphasis for your strongly-worded point is acceptable, nobody wants to read posts that are nothing but bad grammar, poor punctuation, and f-bombs. Continued posts like this will be deleted.

Please keep it under control. Thanks.

- Jeremy @ FFG

cyberakuma said:

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

In cartoons, profanity is often depicted by substituting symbols for words, as a form of non-specific censorship. PA_043.jpg

be more specific in your requests in the future fore they could see you having to jump off a tall building

"Profanity is often DEPICTED by substituting symbols for words, as a form of non-specific censorship."

A painting can depict a lake, but you're not gonna get your fingers wet if you touch it. Depiction is separate from actually showing something. Your argument is void.

There's a real easy way for you to end this peaceably. Fix your mistakes, and admit that you're wrong. That's all it'll take. Maybe throw in an apology for wasting people's time, but that's just an optional nicety. 8D

Cascade said:

cyberakuma said:

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

GouHadou said:

cyberakuma said:

"Profanity is often DEPICTED by substituting symbols for words, as a form of non-specific censorship."

A painting can depict a lake, but you're not gonna get your fingers wet if you touch it. Depiction is separate from actually showing something. Your argument is void.

There's a real easy way for you to end this peaceably. Fix your mistakes, and admit that you're wrong. That's all it'll take. Maybe throw in an apology for wasting people's time, but that's just an optional nicety. 8D

it all depends if the paint is wet and i'm pretty sure it still shows the object since in your reference you say a picture can depict a lake it will still show the lake it just won't be the actual lake depiction is mearly the word used instead of reference when the subject matter in refference is of an image or drawing rather than a physical item or text and since the text along the side of the card refers to that of the image of the depicted profanity one could argue that you just don't like being wrong its a profanity get over it

frankly i think you are the one still wasting peoples time as there is even a message here from a moderator of the forums about profanity and three uses of foul language in 2 posts is hardly a reason for you to get your panties in a twist

/end thread derailment

Seriously dude...enough's enough.

So I hung up my luche libre mask today.

I finally, after many long hours of practice, learned how charge characters work, so I can finally play my boy with the creepy pedo smile, M. Bison. While I will continue to play the Fuerte for fun, I can now say that I'm playing my favorite Street Fighter character in the game ^_^

I also for kicks, picked up Rufus. That fat tub of lard can combo...

Rufus is something kind of mean. His ex aerial flailing arms of doom can easily be combo'ed into for massive life point damage.

Yeah. I said that.