Mage of Loec - Kind of cancellable actions

By Yamael, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Hi,

Little question on a doubt regarding Mage of Loec.
Can his action cancel any kind of actions, or just triggered actions ?

Thank you in advance.

Yamael said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

any action, including tactics, see the last FAQ:

90 Mage of Loec
Should read: “Action: Discard a quest
from hand or turn this unit into a
development to cancel an Action just
triggered.”

Yamael said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

He can cancel any kind of Action:

This is an important distinction, since 'Action' and 'action' mean different things in WHI (sadly). action includes things like playing a card from your hand, while Action just refers to the abilities on cards.

Ok … the use of the word "triggered" in the Mage's text confused me.

So, why the wording is not the same as the text of the Spelleater Rune ?

Thank you.

Yamael said:

Thank you.

rune cancels only an action just played that targets a dwarf unit you control.

Yamael said:

Thank you.

Spelleater Rune uses 'action' instead of "Action" so that it can cancel attachments. "action" includes "Actions" though, so it still works. Its a stupid detail that almost never matters. The phrase "triggered Action" on Mage of Loec just indicates that you can cancel an "Action", since all of them are triggered (either by the player or by a game state like "at the beginning of your turn").

From the rules:

Actions are usually denoted by a bold “Action:” trigger on a card. Other actions are playing a unit, support, development, or quest card from hand.

So Loec can cancel only "Action:", while Spelleater can cancel an attachment (see the FAQ on Iron Discipline and attachments).

Thank you very much !

Entropy42 said:

From the rules:

Actions are usually denoted by a bold “Action:” trigger on a card. Other actions are playing a unit, support, development, or quest card from hand.

So Loec can cancel only "Action:", while Spelleater can cancel an attachment (see the FAQ on Iron Discipline and attachments).

He can cancel any kind of Action:
This is an important distinction, since 'Action' and 'action' mean different things in WHI (sadly). action includes things like playing a card from your hand, while Action just refers to the abilities on cards.

So then, playing a unit, support, development, or quest card from hand , is considered to be doing an "action", can 'Mage of Loec' cancel those too ?

edit :

I guess 'Mage of Loec' can't cancel them, since it's an "action" and not an "Action".

but as always, clarification would be good.