Goodbye to Surveillance

By Perdustin2, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

These concerns are a bit late, but I don't see where they have been previously addressed.

First, is there another skill that replaces Surveillance as a Scout bonus career skill? Perhaps Vigilance? Discipline?

Second, without Surveillance, the 'Street Smarts' talent would seem to be underpowered. Would Knowledge (Underworld) be a viable substitute for Surveillance with regard to this talent?

perdustin said:

These concerns are a bit late, but I don't see where they have been previously addressed.

First, is there another skill that replaces Surveillance as a Scout bonus career skill? Perhaps Vigilance? Discipline?

Second, without Surveillance, the 'Street Smarts' talent would seem to be underpowered. Would Knowledge (Underworld) be a viable substitute for Surveillance with regard to this talent?

perdustin said:

Per FFG_Sam, the entry on the Weeky Update for Survivalist was meant to be for Scout, so the answer would be Medical.

As for Street Smarts, the Week 10 Updated did add Knowlege (Underworld) to replace Surveillance.

Thank you for your replies.

So, for the sake of thoroughness, the replacement of Surveillance with Medicine/Medical applies to both Scout and Survivalist careers?

perdustin said:

So, for the sake of thoroughness, the replacement of Surveillance with Medicine/Medical applies to both Scout and Survivalist careers?

No, just Scout. Survivalist never had Surveillance in the first place.

OK, I get it. I failed to distinguish between 'career skills' and 'bonus career skills.'

Thanks.