recruiting to activation tokens

By TycoonOfDoom, in Runewars

I apologize that I don't have the rulebook with me, but somewhere in it (I think either under "recruit" or "activation tokens") it says that you can recruit to activation tokens.

In our game this past weekend, I abused the hell out of this - using the supremacy bonus (on one of the order cards - i think Mobilize) to "activate a second area…as long as it doesn't start another battle." So I would activate an emtpy area but not move any units to it, and then later in the year recruit to that activation token.

Now there is some debate about the ability to recruit to an activation token. Only in one section of the rule book does it mention that possibility and no where else.

Can anyone shed some light on whether or not this is officially in the rules? I believe I did my homework by searching these forums before I posted but I saw nothing on this topic. I read about a revised rulebook coming in a new version - perhaps someone has a glimpse of that?

Thanks!

Activation tokens have no bearing on recruitment. You can only recruit into Strongholds. This applies whether the stronghold is activated or not. IE, while you cannot mobilize into a previously-activated Stronghold, when you use Recruit, you can place new units there.

Perhaps this was the source of the confusion? IE, you CAN recruit into an area with an activation token… but only if that area has one of your Strongholds in it. (see pages 14 and 35, where both talk about placing the recruited units into "friendly strongholds")

I'm guessing the section you are referring to is on page 17? That section isn't really talking about other aspects of recruiting, but is just reinforcing that activation tokens do not prevent you from recruiting; it doesn't mean that any area with an activation token is fair game. Note that you use Mobilize or Conquer, you can place an activation token ANYWHERE on the board; you don't have to actually move units there. Thus, if you were allowed to recruit at any activated area, you could activate an area completely across the board, then recruit units there during your next order.

Please explain a few more things.

do activation tokens have any bearing to another player wanting to activate same area?

can a player use same area to activate again this year or is it once activated excluded from players attack moves this year again?

what is actualy the use of a tactics card that sets enemy activation token to any space on map? What would be the abuse?

I answered those questions in the other thread :)