Sidekicks?

By Gamerunner, in General Discussion

A player has coerced and allied with an enemy npc minion.

Its fairly easy to just roleplay the weaker/minion addition to the party, but should there be any mechanics for PC minions or sidekicks?

Just looking for thoughts or ideas from the community here, since there is on official take on the matter.

The leadership skill also denotes that a triumph can be spent to turn someone into a permanant ally, one who may even join your crew.

As for rules, i think the only ones needed would be, who plays the character (gm or player) (which may just be up to them) and does the NPC get experience. Although it dawns on me that exp is not broken up, so additional characters would not hurt your exp gain.

I for one am a fan of collecting minions. In star wars it is kind of a given, considering how often people pick up droids.

i got myself a minion in our fist session hes now our ships cleaning and maintience fool.

There are rules in FFG Warhammer for what you are speaking of. I, for one, would rather use the rules we already have then add confusion with new rules for sidekicks.

Ex: Friendly dog partner that adds a bonus die for Perception related task rolls.