Death Star - First Run

By The Strange Dude, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Hi Guys here are some pics of a game we had to try out a death star scenario (a modified version of dagobah daves from BGG). We disposed of points and just had as much stuff as we could on the board to see what happens (all the named characters with everything else being cheapest version rebels had full complements of torpedos and y-wings turrets but other than that no upgrades).

001-50.jpg

002-56.jpg

Two fleets go to war

005-37.jpg

Trench Run

008-24.jpg

009-18.jpg

Furball over the deathstar surface

010-13.jpg

011-9.jpg

012-8.jpg

Direct hit and rebels win!

013-6.jpg

Ok so the game was amazing fun but it needs a little tweaking to ratchet up the tension for the rebels. Also obviously point limits will have a big impact.

So how many total ship did you have on each side?

magadizer said:

So how many total ship did you have on each side?

8 X-wings

5 Y-wings

Vs

14 TIE/In

3 TIE/Adv

Neat Idea on how to seperate the two height levels of the trench, my way was to vary the deployment. on the first tile of the trench were 3 hero Tie's which were chasing down 3 Y-wings starting on tile 2. On one side I had Luke and a Red V Darth and 2x Ties and on the other side of the trench, Wedge and Red V the other Advanced Tie hero and 2x Ties. This set up stopped the ships just charging towards each other and fighting in the trench. The objectives of the flanking Rebels was to destroy turrets and Ties to put the clock back and make heir way to the trench entrance to backup the Y's if needed.

To put a torp in the hole the shot had to be made at range 2, roll 1 dice needing a critical to blow up the Death Star, I succeeded with my first torp and only 1 Y left in the trench. On our previous test run, a X wing used the last torpedo with one turn left to go and destroyed it, all pretty good fun :)