Falling to the Darkside

By Thebearisdriving, in General Discussion

So i was thinking of a quick fallen to the darkside template for now (I have friends that will always want to play darksiders and I like to accomodate them).

The "tracker" mechanism is up the GM at this point. maybe work it like an obligation.

In any case, when a character falls, reverse the strain mechanic when rolling force dice to activate force powers, include one setback die on all presence skills except coerce, and when a GM uses destiny to increase the difficulty of a roll, increase the difficulty by two steps instead of one.

thoughts as a quick/dirty house rule?

Thebearisdriving said:

The "tracker" mechanism is up the GM at this point. maybe work it like an obligation.

Oh man. I hadn't thought of tracking it like Obligation. That's not a bad idea at all. Certainly deserves some follow up and follow through.

Thebearisdriving said:

So i was thinking of a quick fallen to the darkside template for now (I have friends that will always want to play darksiders and I like to accomodate them).

In any case, when a character falls, reverse the strain mechanic when rolling force dice to activate force powers, include one setback die on all presence skills except coerce, and when a GM uses destiny to increase the difficulty of a roll, increase the difficulty by two steps instead of one.

thoughts as a quick/dirty house rule?

Well, there's already rules for when a character falls to the dark side on page 179. Pretty much Dark Side Force-users use the Dark Side pips on their Force Dice to activate powers, and have to pay Strain to use the Light Side results. While this means they're probably going to have better luck activating basic Force Power abilities, and maybe a single Upgrade once they get their Force Rating up to a 2, it's gonna be a lot harder to activate multiple Upgrades given most Dark Side facings only feature on pip as opposed to most of the Light Side facings having 2 pips. As for the fall itself, that's up to the player and the GM to decide when the character succumbs to the Dark Side's siren call.

Truthfully, I don't think the setback die or increased difficulty bits are really needed.