Moving in a turn

By alboy, in Runebound

lf l use the Teleport Rune & pass the Spirit test l can move where l like on the board. after resolving the conflict can l use the Blue Encounter card Ransacking the Ashes which l have in my possession to move again that same turn as l have not rolled the dice for movement.

I believe once you move, your movement is over unless a card specifies otherwise any movement it causes counts as your movement. For example, there is an encounter called underwater stream that gives you free 3 movement after your movement if you pass a swim check and end in a mountain hex without an encounter. In that case you get to move after your movement phase becuase of a special rule, but otherwise you're done once your hero moves.

kmedlinnc said:

I believe once you move, your movement is over unless a card specifies otherwise any movement it causes counts as your movement. For example, there is an encounter called underwater stream that gives you free 3 movement after your movement if you pass a swim check and end in a mountain hex without an encounter. In that case you get to move after your movement phase becuase of a special rule, but otherwise you're done once your hero moves.

Correct.

In any case when you resolve a Challenge your turns proceeds with the Experience Step. You can't move during Experience Step, only spend Adventure Counters to purchase Experience Counters. Any bonus movement (abilities & encounters) must be used during Movement Phase.

Warlock l think l misled you, what l was saying about all of the above was still within my movement turn.

Before moving, first l use & activate the Teleport Rune & pass the skill test to move where i like on the board, can l then use the Blue Encounter card Ransacking the Ashes which l have had in my possession for at least 3 turns to again move to anyware on the board.

The reason l ask is that the player l was playing against did this as he first moved to the wrong place & wanted to move again.

alboy said:

Warlock l think l misled you, what l was saying about all of the above was still within my movement turn.

Before moving, first l use & activate the Teleport Rune & pass the skill test to move where i like on the board, can l then use the Blue Encounter card Ransacking the Ashes which l have had in my possession for at least 3 turns to again move to anyware on the board.

The reason l ask is that the player l was playing against did this as he first moved to the wrong place & wanted to move again.

Not very clever from the other player gui%C3%B1o.gif ; I don't think this will happen again.

I don't remember the full text of Ransacking the Ashes, but if the card says you may use it to teleport where you wish on the board, then I believe you can't use it after Teleport. Does it say something like "instead of rolling the dice for movement" or "instead of your normal move"?

Encounter cards are discarded after use and they don't count towards the limit of activated cards per turn. If there were two Teleport Runes in the game, you could not use both during the same Turn, but if an Encounter cards is not specifically limited, I say there's no problem in using it in your situation.

The Ransacking the Ashes card says Discard this card to move to any other space on the board instead of rolling the dice.

alboy said:

The Ransacking the Ashes card says Discard this card to move to any other space on the board instead of rolling the dice.

I'm pretty sure the Teleport Rune says something similar or identical. The player has already used an effect that allows him to move to any other space instead of rolling the dice, therefore he can't do it a second time. The teleport/encounter card effect substitutes the dice roll and you roll the dice only once per turn. In other words, you can't teleport more than once in the same turn.