couple questions

By player684030, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

first question- melee zone is 3 inches, if i have a unit within 3 inches of a enemy unit, are these the choices the enemy unit has. 1. can only attack my unit with melee weapons. or 2. can move more than 3 inches away of my unit then shoot them.

second question- if a enemy unit moves into or starts movement in my 12 inch react zone. and i react and shoot them putting hits on them and giving them a suppression marker, do they lose their other action because they have a suppression marker or because when they first activated they didn't have a suppression marker so they still get their other action?

thanks for answers and do i love this game :)

VelosaRaptor said:

first question- melee zone is 3 inches, if i have a unit within 3 inches of a enemy unit, are these the choices the enemy unit has. 1. can only attack my unit with melee weapons. or 2. can move more than 3 inches away of my unit then shoot them.

second question- if a enemy unit moves into or starts movement in my 12 inch react zone. and i react and shoot them putting hits on them and giving them a suppression marker, do they lose their other action because they have a suppression marker or because when they first activated they didn't have a suppression marker so they still get their other action?

thanks for answers and do i love this game :)

Close Combat is an action not a game state. If you are within 3" of an enemy unit they can, and should, shoot you with all their guns.

The only time you are forced to use Close Combat weapons is when you React to a Close Combat attack.

If a unit gains suppression during their activation, from your attack reaction to their movement, they still get to finish their activation and attack. Suppression doesn't come into play until the unit is activated again.

thanks for answers appreciate it