Denied Crushes Allied Scum [Battle Report]

By Denied, in Dust Warfare

That terrain was miserable. Not nearly enough variety and not nearly enough, it seems. Looks like a shooting gallery. Reinforced my belief that terrain at tournaments may benefit from being set up by the TOs, not just for balance, but for time saving.

em_en_oh_pee said:

That terrain was miserable. Not nearly enough variety and not nearly enough, it seems. Looks like a shooting gallery. Reinforced my belief that terrain at tournaments may benefit from being set up by the TOs, not just for balance, but for time saving.

A) No, the game wasn't slow at all and doing our own Terrain was not an issue at all.

B) the terrain looks spares because we had 2 big pieces that we hid in corners :-P it was positioning that made it seem sparse, sorry. Also what do you want for variety? we were playing on a city themed board, did you want trees and little kids walking around?

Like just saying I have played on a lot of boards for different wargames, at a LOT of different stores and events (not just local) and honestly these boards were not that bad. Like not sure what people are looking for in boards on these forums, but it feels unreasonable to me is all.

Well, from what my group can tell, terrain needs to be a lot heavier than commonly seen and including at least four "buildings" of varying stories and sizes. In all fairness, most places cannot handle this, since other games seem to err on the side of lighter terrain.

Wow.

No offense intended at all, but with what you posted with the Allied list, I think I would have ripped that Axis force to pieces very handily. Though… I notice the Allied side didn't field any Sniper units.

Were the dice gods angry at the allies that day?