Firefly Episodes?

By EngageEight, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Hello,

For those of you that have seen all of them, I was wondering which episodes of that series would make the best Edge of the Empire plots/adventure ideas? My players and I have only seen the movie for the most part but I have them all available to watch-just want to know which are best?

Thanks

Might as well start at the beginning. The first two would make pretty good adventures, and hey, after that you will probably want to watch the rest any way.

Such an incredible series, such a tragedy it was cancelled. I envy you having not yet seen them!

As for rpgs, the train heist episode (#2?) seems tailor-made…

Oh man! You made me want to watch my DVDs right now.

I immediately thought of "Trash." A beautiful schemer who has a past with the crew has a plan to steal an antique ray gun from a rich guy's house. I don't want to list any spoilers, but this is a great episode with plenty of potential for an adventure. Check it out!

I also thought of "Ariel." The ship's doctor hires the crew to break into a hospital so he can perform some tests on his crazy sister. As payment, Simon will direct the crew toward valuable medical supplies they could sell. I actually used this episode as the inspiration for part of the adventure included in the back of the EotE book when the PCs need to get into a hospital to find their Hutt contact.

As someone else mentioned, "The Train Job" is another episode that would be easy to convert into an adventure.

For me, Firefly represents exactly the tone I am shooting for in my play sessions.

I wish I could go back and watch the entire series for the first time. Enjoy!

Adventure hook:

One of your players receives a package from their mother. The package contains, among other small items, a very cunning hat…

Thanks for the replies! I'm definitely having fun watching!

LethalDose said:

Adventure hook:

One of your players receives a package from their mother. The package contains, among other small items, a very cunning hat…

LOL gran_risa.gif …..

Boehm said:

LethalDose said:

Adventure hook:

LOL gran_risa.gif …..

Two problems with this:

1. I haven't seen that episode yet. If that's what the reference is even from.

2. Looks like at my next session or two I will only have 2 PCs and neither has a mother. One's mother was killed or captured by the Empire (he's not sure which), and the other PC is a droid….

LMAO!!! partido_risa.gif Just keep watching.

EngageEight said:

2. Looks like at my next session or two I will only have 2 PCs and neither has a mother. One's mother was killed or captured by the Empire (he's not sure which), and the other PC is a droid….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mom_(Futurama) ?

Futurama? Sorry, never liked that show….

The episode is "The Message".

Otherwise, what Mwodom said. Keep watching.

It should be pretty obvious what we're talking about.

-WJL

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Even the first episode where the crew pulls off a theft and find the parcel is imprinted with Alliance embalm. Their contact that was going to buy it, backs out and now they a stuck with a potentially incriminating cargo.

The train job would be phenomenal if the PC's choose to give back the stolen cargo and cross the psycho boss (Obligation anyone?)

Hart of gold, Trash (as stated above), even 'our mrs Reynolds' would work great.

The only issue is trying to hide the plagiarism from the players, if they are avid Firefly fans.

Futurama? Sorry, never liked that show….

There are probably just as many Futurama episodes that could be made into EotE adventures as there are Firefly episodes. Of course, it took Futurama considerably more seasons to get that many that are worthwhile...