LCG

By guest460669, in CoC Off Topic

Hello, tell me, please, what is the difference between CCG and LCG?

CCG means "collectible", with its random blind purchases.

LCGs are closer to "expansion sets". Each purchase of an item will have the same contents. But, once the item is out of print, it's not reprinted.

I love the idea of a LCG,

I am one of those people who has been eaten by the beast that is Magic (shush, not to loud lest it hear) and i love the idea of non random purchases ( like in Mutant Chronicles)

I has increased my Interest tenfold

Well we look forward to having you join our lil game. Tis a lot of fun.

Gallagen said:

I am one of those people who has been eaten by the beast that is Magic (shush, not to loud lest it hear) and i love the idea of non random purchases ( like in Mutant Chronicles)

Yes, LCG is a cheaper alternative. I'll hope you'll like the game! Welcome!

I'm actually thrilled that it's become a LCG, I started playing around the first asylum packs hit and found it very hard to find specific boosters here in the uk, not to mention the randomness made purchases less appealing. With a LCG, I'll be free to make the decks I want to without spending a ton hunting for GOOs demonio.gif .

Overture said:

With a LCG, I'll be free to make the decks I want to without spending a ton hunting for GOOs demonio.gif .

Hmmm... Well, if you're after GOO's, Ancient Horrors AP should work - And likely Core too...

i might be way off but id be shocked if the coreset didnt include atleast one goo for each faction. we already know what chtulhu, cthulhu gets. but i wonder if the others will be reprints or maybe a few new ones. id like to see a great hastur, but if they just reprint one thats better than none.

Marius said:

Gallagen said:

Yes, LCG is a cheaper alternative. I'll hope you'll like the game! Welcome!

Thanks!

IA! IA! CTHULHU!!!!!

What I still dont get is why they call it now "living"...if my cards would move by themselves it would be cool but they dont. And I find it a little bit contradictory, because I still collect the cards...for me it is just a new marketing strategy.

lordofmasks

I think they are using "Living" to refer to the constant growth, change, expansion or evolution that they are planning for the game. Mighty big dreams by FFG. Let's hope they can live up to them.

Well being optimistic...the game is still alive so thanks for that...it could be "dead but dreaming" ;)

lordofmasks

lordofmasks said:

Well being optimistic...the game is still alive so thanks for that...it could be "dead but dreaming" ;)

lordofmasks

Oh you mean like when the time comes everymonth for release and we get notified it has been pushed back another month?

Yeah.. I'm dead on the inside and dreaming of the day that I have Core in hand.

Honestly the only reason have have hung on is because of you guys from the other forums.

In other words to make myself understand bettter its going to be like the Anachronism was where you bought the pack of cards you wanted. The only thing I might not like about it is if they stop making a set and you didn't get to get they won't rerelease it. But I'll end up collecting it anyway since I have some of the CCG cards. Will we be able to use the old cards with the new sets? If this was asked and answered I must off not seen the post yet, since im a noob here and still looking through the post.

Thx for explanation)

Ok, ignore my last question about using the old CCG cards with the new game. I found the answer in another post finally. aplauso.gif

I guess it's a good time for someone (like me) to get into this game, since it's now not a big chase to track down all of the cards... Or a big money pit to throw my little spending cash into! But I have to wonder, would it be worthwhile for a newbie (like me) to buy up any of the CCG version? Or just pick up the LCG core and APs, and forget about past sets?

Poluekt said:

Hello, tell me, please, what is the difference between CCG and LCG?

A CCG is mostly sold in random packages, where the LCG is sold in fixed packs. Also, the LCG has monthly updates (which should kick off shortly...) where most CCG's are quarterly with a big random update every 3 months or so...

Bokrug said:

I guess it's a good time for someone (like me) to get into this game, since it's now not a big chase to track down all of the cards... Or a big money pit to throw my little spending cash into! But I have to wonder, would it be worthwhile for a newbie (like me) to buy up any of the CCG version? Or just pick up the LCG core and APs, and forget about past sets?

Well, if you can get them, I recommend them, because it enhances your deckbuilding options. It's not needed to play though, so it depends on how much you're willing to spend (and how cheap you'll be able to get it...)

lordofmasks said:

What I still dont get is why they call it now "living"...if my cards would move by themselves it would be cool but they dont. And I find it a little bit contradictory, because I still collect the cards...for me it is just a new marketing strategy.

Well, yeah, it's a new marketing strategy. But given that CCG is also a marketing strategy (and one that, for better or worse, has its own sizable group of detractors), I don't think a new name for a new marketing strategy is out of order. "Living" makes sense, too: they are trying to preserve the expandability of CCGs, without the random packaging. Sure, you can still collect them, if you want. But you can collect anything, from bottlecaps to small elephant figurines: collectible, in the gaming industry, has come to have a more specific meaning which includes random packaging.

I just wish they will NOT stop CCG boxes production.