Question about borders/borderless cards

By Mejis, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

Hi, I've just picked up a copy of CoC which is awesome, but I was just wondering about the card artwork and borders. My core set contains all the cards with white borders around them, but I see pictures on the web (e.g. on BGG) which show the same cards but with the artwork styled all the way to the edge of the cards (much like in Android: Netrunner).

Is this a new style that FFG adopted but I have an earlier version of the game before they changed it? Is this borderless style only in Asylum packs?

I much prefer the borderless style so I'd prefer to have my cards that way if possible.

Thanks for any info.

All the cards for the LCG have the white border, which in part serves to distinguish them from the black-bordered cards of the old Call of Cthulhu CCG. If you can post a link to one of the pics you're talking about on BGG I can tell you what it is.

It's possible that someone posted cropped pictures to cut out the white border. Or, they could be posting domain cards, which since they are never in play usually do have borderless artwork.

But anyway, there hasn't been any change in card printing style - white border is the only type there is.

dboeren said:

All the cards for the LCG have the white border, which in part serves to distinguish them from the black-bordered cards of the old Call of Cthulhu CCG. If you can post a link to one of the pics you're talking about on BGG I can tell you what it is.

It's possible that someone posted cropped pictures to cut out the white border. Or, they could be posting domain cards, which since they are never in play usually do have borderless artwork.

But anyway, there hasn't been any change in card printing style - white border is the only type there is.

Thanks for your reply. I think I was unlucky in finding images of cropped cards! Since then I have found many with the white borders.

Many thanks for your reply.

The other option is you saw the alternate art card which is purportedly borderless, speaking of which I haven't seen the one for Cthulhu. If you have I'd love the link.

They look gorgeous.