cards for warfare

By player684030, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

please can you make cards for warfare that have the range in inches for weapons it would make it alot easier :)

There is already a thread for cards its about 28 pages long and has printable cards for every unit.

When a new unit comes out for dust tactics, I should be able to buy the unit and open it up at my game store and play it with the card for warfare. I shouldn't

have to download or print cards for warfare they make cards for tactics, they should insert a card for warfare as well. Two new ssu units were at my game

store, a tank busting unit and a platoon. could I buy them and play them in my warfare game, No. I have to wait and someday find the card online and print it.

Not necessarily. Dust Tactics and Warfare are developed by two different entities. Dust Games develops and creates the minis and develops the rules for Tactics. FFG is n charge of making the rules for Warfare and developing those rules and profiles off the minis that DG is producing. Confusing somewhat, but they've pulled it off pretty well so far.

Now, making a box that contains both cards might end up being a logistical nightmare since Dust Games is in Hong Kong and FFG is on Minnesota.

I agree that FFG should produce some cards at some point. But not all tabletop mini games make reference cards. 40k never has. But it is the trend currently to do so and I'm surprised FFG hasn't capitalized on that yet. I think the best solution would be as follows. The Warfare book is usually about a month behind its Tactics campaign counterpart. I feel whatever unit profiles are going to be included in the Warfare book should have the profile cards bundled with the Warfare book. That allows them not to have the pressure of trying to get them out when the Tactics units are released and gives them time if they need to polish that particular Warfare book. And allows you access to cards for all of that books particular units when you buy that Warfare book, which is really when you need the cards (because currently, even if you had the newest SSU models like the tesla tank, you wouldn't have the tesla rules until the Hades Warfare book is released).

makes more sense now that 2 different companies are involved, thanks for clearing that up, back to mouth watering waiting to get warfare stats lol

blkdymnd said:

Not necessarily. Dust Tactics and Warfare are developed by two different entities. Dust Games develops and creates the minis and develops the rules for Tactics. FFG is n charge of making the rules for Warfare and developing those rules and profiles off the minis that DG is producing. Confusing somewhat, but they've pulled it off pretty well so far.

Now, making a box that contains both cards might end up being a logistical nightmare since Dust Games is in Hong Kong and FFG is on Minnesota.

I agree that FFG should produce some cards at some point. But not all tabletop mini games make reference cards. 40k never has. But it is the trend currently to do so and I'm surprised FFG hasn't capitalized on that yet. I think the best solution would be as follows. The Warfare book is usually about a month behind its Tactics campaign counterpart. I feel whatever unit profiles are going to be included in the Warfare book should have the profile cards bundled with the Warfare book. That allows them not to have the pressure of trying to get them out when the Tactics units are released and gives them time if they need to polish that particular Warfare book. And allows you access to cards for all of that books particular units when you buy that Warfare book, which is really when you need the cards (because currently, even if you had the newest SSU models like the tesla tank, you wouldn't have the tesla rules until the Hades Warfare book is released).

Best explanation I've seen yet. Thank you, this clears up a lot.

Also ffg has posted unit stat references on the support page or warefare and has updated it on the release day of every new book.