Horton Salm vs Vader

By Cpt.HARM, in X-Wing Battle Reports

This afternoon I popped out to one of my local gaming clubs for a game of X Wing. So far I had managed to play one test game at work, and another quick intro style game with some friends. In theory this would be the first "real"outing.

I borrowed Darth Vader off a friend and added in 4 other Tie Fighters (“Mauler Mithel”, "Backstabber", "Winged Gundark" and a Black Squadron Pilot), facing off against Horton Salm (the Salami to his friends) with a seriously pimped out Y Wing, alongside two more unnammed Y Wings (aka the Dumptrucks - since they have lots of shields and hit points).

The final result was not great for me, but I managed to take some shots of the action as it unfolded.

http://wargamerontour.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/the-salami-dumptruck.html

Chris

Thanks for sharing. I like to see the Y-wing build getting some success (sorry it was at your expense!) I only have 2 Y-wings, and it is a fun challenge to try to play with just them, but not easy to succeed. My kids beat me more than once with that squad.

How many points was this match? 100?

It was a really fun game so I did not mind the loss. ;) . We played 100 points and I think Horton was carrying so much gear he was over 40 points alone.

I had a Vader vs Salm match up today. I may have time to do a write up later. Sneak Preview: Salm bit the dust twice.