Vehicle Damage Table question and Cover roll

By th3_greench, in Dust Warfare Rules Discussion

I'll try to make this short and sweet: Cover rolls (Soft and Hard cover) only state that if you have Soft Cover your armor roll is treated to have +1 or +2 to the end results. It does not say anywhere about rolling LESS dice.

In the Vehicle Damage Table explanation, it says, "When a vehicle suffers one or more damage, but is not destroyed, the attacking player rolls a number of Combat damage dealt to the vehicle before the Armor roll. Cover reduces the damage dealt, and therefore reduces the number of dice rolled."

So, let's say I roll 3 hits against a vehicle. The vehicle is [somehow] in soft cover. The vehicle rolls 1 hit on his armor roll. He takes 1 less damage from the successful roll, and one less damage because his results gained +1 hit on his armor roll from the soft cover. Now, am I reading it correctly that I now roll the VDT roll (To check if the Vehicle suffers any handicaps), which would normally be 3 (The amount of hits I scored before the armor roll), however I can ONLY roll 2 dice now because the vehicle was in cover????? If so, this is only specific to the VDT and not cover rolls in general right? (As in, if I roll against someone in cover, they simply get +1 to their results, I don't roll one less attack dice right?)

Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance!!!

You will roll the full amount of damage on the table as long as at least 1 damage gets through so you will roll 3 on the table. They Essentially get a bonus to the armor roll you still hit him for 3 Damage.

You attack an enemy walker that is in a tree line (soft cover).

Your attack roll gets 3 hits.

Soft cover reduces 1 hit, 2 get through the trees and may do damage.

The enemy rolls his armor save and, luckily for you, only rolls 1 save.

The enemy takes 1 point of damage.

Vehicle Damage Table (VDT):

You rolled 3 hits, 1 is reduced by cover leaving you 2 dice to roll on the chart.

Any damage reduced by cover never made it to the vehicle. You do not roll any dice that were negated by cover on the VDT.

Cover reduces damage before it is applied to the unit.

ItsUncertainWho is correct ): (see Page 44 CR)

ItsUncertainWho said:

You attack an enemy walker that is in a tree line (soft cover).

Your attack roll gets 3 hits.

Soft cover reduces 1 hit, 2 get through the trees and may do damage.

The enemy rolls his armor save and, luckily for you, only rolls 1 save.

The enemy takes 1 point of damage.

Vehicle Damage Table (VDT):

You rolled 3 hits, 1 is reduced by cover leaving you 2 dice to roll on the chart.

Any damage reduced by cover never made it to the vehicle. You do not roll any dice that were negated by cover on the VDT.

Cover reduces damage before it is applied to the unit.

So, I was right that it's a specific rule to VDT, and that when rolling to decide a VDT effect, I roll 1 less dice for soft cover, and 2 less dice for hard cover?? This ONLY applies to VDT rolls and not Attack Action rolls against cover on Soldiers or Vehicles?

I'm understanding it correctly now??? Thanks again guys! =]