A dice pool question.

By Gamerunner, in Game Mechanics

It says you create the dice pool by using the highest value to determine the Ability dice and the lowest value to determine the upgrade dice. What if they are equal? Brawn 2 melee 2 = ?? If it were Brawn 2 melee 1 its (1 ability, 1 upgrade.) What if (later down the line) your capabilities become Characteristic 5 Skill 5?

Am I missing something?

Gamerunner said:

It says you create the dice pool by using the highest value to determine the Ability dice and the lowest value to determine the upgrade dice. What if they are equal? Brawn 2 melee 2 = ?? If it were Brawn 2 melee 1 its (1 ability, 1 upgrade.) What if (later down the line) your capabilities become Characteristic 5 Skill 5?

Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything. ;) In the case of a "tie" between both skill and characteristic - they're both the highest an the lowest. So, in your examples, with a Brawn of 2 and a melee of 2, your dice pool would consist of 2 yellow d12s. If it was Brawn 5, Melee 5, you'd have a dice pool of 5 upgrades yellow d12's.

Make sense?

Yes, Thanks.

Unfortunatley I've broken the basic "unwritten law!" I've said NO, just use your skill dice to my players. Now I can say YES! Thanks.