In The End, There Can Be Only One (Round 4 Results!)

By Yipe, in CoC General Discussion

jhaelen said:

Woo, called it!

As did I cool.gif

I'm also quite pleased with my other guesses for the 4th round: 5 out of 6 correct! In total I predicted 16 of 24 (or 2/3) correctly. Clearly better than tossing coins gran_risa.gif

Thanks Yipe (and thanks to everyone of the participants for chiming in and giving their personal reports about the matches) - this was very fun and definitely the most entertaining tournament report I've read in a while aplauso.gif

Oh, and congratulations to Gavin for winning the tournament!

hahaha thanks, it was a nail biter. its crazy how much of an advantage i had in the beginning then boom neck and neck, then comes down to 1 turn all or nothin. was an awesome game and thanks yipe for hosting.

dboeren said:

COCLCG said:

i just have to ask the question and i'm pretty sure it was discussed somewhere on here a while back. is was my understanding that the village of ash and the well are both 'each player must choose' activations, and if 1 player has no valid stories to choose then the effect cannot be resolved ?? if someone could clarify that'd be great.

Yes, that's my understanding as well - both players must have at least one other won story for the effect to be able to resolve.

I'd like to say I resolved this story correctly and that my tournament AAR is incorrect, but I can't honestly remember.

At this late in the day I was buzzing pretty hard. The venue was also hosting a 40K tournament in the back, so we weren't playing in the bar as usual. In between rounds I had to slam my beer in order to go out to the regular gaming area to get the next turn rolling. That's why my memory of events is a bit muddled.

What's less than a lightweight? Flyweight? Yeah, that's sounds about right.

Anyway, in the end Gavin won and that's what matters.

jhaelen said:

Thanks Yipe (and thanks to everyone of the participants for chiming in and giving their personal reports about the matches) - this was very fun and definitely the most entertaining tournament report I've read in a while

You're welcome, jhaelen. I'm glad you enjoyed the report.

Honestly, it's a lot of work and I was debating whether I would do something like this again.

I plan on organizing 4 different tournaments a year - Highlander, Triple-Faction, Multi-Player, and then Regionals - and giving each of them the same "guess who won" treatment. However, I was a little disheartened by the lack of interest in these posts and figured it might not be worth my time. Comments like yours make me reconsider.

Thanks.

i should mention that i'm trying to set up a booster draft game day with a box of eldritch edition black-bordered cards i picked up off ebay. portland cthulhu group rocks!