Instant Mines - Engineers

By TheKaiser33, in Tide of Iron

When an Engineer squad ends its movement on a hex containing Instant Mines (FotB), does it have to test for detonation or does the Engineer squad treat this as a regular minefield in that regard? The rulebook is not very clear on this. We played it that the Engineers would NOT detonate the instant mines if they ended their movement in the instant mine hex.

We also played that the instant mines were removed from the hex without the engineers having to perform any special actions because in the rulebook it states that if any squad ends its turn in the hex the mines are removed regardless of whether they caused damage or not.

TheKaiser33 said:

When an Engineer squad ends its movement on a hex containing Instant Mines (FotB), does it have to test for detonation or does the Engineer squad treat this as a regular minefield in that regard? The rulebook is not very clear on this. We played it that the Engineers would NOT detonate the instant mines if they ended their movement in the instant mine hex.

We also played that the instant mines were removed from the hex without the engineers having to perform any special actions because in the rulebook it states that if any squad ends its turn in the hex the mines are removed regardless of whether they caused damage or not.

That's also how we play it.

Rulebook, pg 4:

"Fury of the Bear includes many new components, most of
which are governed by both new and old rules. All components
provided in this expansion follow the standard TOI rules
unless otherwise stated ."

Rulebook, pg. 6:

"A UNIT entering a hex with an instant mines token must immediately decide whether it is going to continue its movement or is going to stop."

UNIT = SQUAD or VEHICLE.

Right, that's what was confusing. But Engineers typically have the ability to end their movement in a hex with a minefield and not take damage. Didn't seem to make sense that an Engineer squad would get nothing special in regards to the instant mines. Especially when you compare the rules for minefields with the rules for Engineers.

TheKaiser33 said:

Right, that's what was confusing. But Engineers typically have the ability to end their movement in a hex with a minefield and not take damage. Didn't seem to make sense that an Engineer squad would get nothing special in regards to the instant mines. Especially when you compare the rules for minefields with the rules for Engineers.

I agree. Damage Engineer squad in a minefield is boring.

I'm looking for the russian "instant minefields" in web but I don't found anything. If anybody have a picture, post please.

We have just agreed that engineers can fatigue on minehex without minetest.
Then they can remove minefield if/with clear mines ability.
If they move through minefield, minetest will occure.

I think it is how it is ment to work