Corruption in only war, permanent?

By 0.113, in Game Mechanics

So, it seems it's permanent?

Insanity it mentions as costing 100xp to remove, which was the same cost as in Deathwatch as well, but there you could also remove corruption. Though with their apothecarys and special nature, it isn't impossible this is just for them.

In only war, in the rules section of these things it mentions the 100xp to remove insanity, but nothing about removing corruption… Not sure if it's meant to be like that or just missed a rule. Anyone know?

Isn't corruption always permanent?

I belive that in RT insanity can be bought off but corruption can not. DW Marines might be the exception to the rule.

that's what I feared ;)

thanks

I may be mis-remembering things, but I'm pretty sure that the DH: Ascension book had rules to remove both Corruption and Insanity. It was 100XP for each point, I think.

Also, it allowed characters to trade in 10 Corruption points for 10 insanity points. (So if you had a character with 50 Corruption and 15 Insanity, you could swap 10 Corruption and instead have 40 Corruption and 25 Insanity.)

In the same book, there was also a rule to sacrifice 2 points from a characteristic in order to remove 1d10 Insanity or Corruption (you could scrifice a max of 6 points from a single characteristic).

Personally, I would allow any of these options in OW, assuming the character in question wasn't actively running after sources of Corruption.

I believe these rules were only when first moving a character on into Ascension, noy usable any old time. Otherwise Ascension characters could likely start with 80-90 CPs already..

CPs are permanent for all intents and purposes in all systems. As it should be.