Chapter 2 flavor text

By Tibs, in Arkham Horror League

NOTE: My post is purely prediction and deduction from what the Scenario Flavor Text has had so far. It may or may not have a direct bearing with the upcoming Scenario 2. I will justify my guesses when the Scenario itself appears.

The flavor text has had a bearing upon the Scenarios, from what I see. Last time Chapter One talked of giant hooves of a goat marked on the ground and people losing sanity everywhere, which was justified with Shub-Niggurath as the Ancient One for that (The Black Goat of the Woods) and the sanity modifiers being - well - modified. The characters, while most of them appeared in Chapter Two, did come out as they are and Calvin Wright's presence was of course, predictable.

With Chapter Two, the appearance of the Cult of the Hundred (which may or may not differ from BGoTW's One of the Thousand Cult) might suggest an Ancient One with a powerful Cult in Arkham. From what I can see on the Ancient Ones, its either Cthulhu or Nyarlathotep that have powerful cults at work (Cthulhu having an elite cult of worshippers, while Nyarly has innumerable cults). I'd predict that Nyarlathotep makes his appearance in the next one.

The characters of the story didn't seem to change, they just added in those that were in Scenario 1 but were not mentioned in the Scenario 1 flavor text. Maybe Michael McGlen would disappear or something would happen to him as he went out hunting for monsters as said in the story.

Regarding that, I would assume as well that monsters would have another status modified this time (since McGlen swore he "took care" of a monster already but it didn't die, which may possibly mean that they'd have either added toughness, modified combat ratings, or some other combat-related thing.)

What do you guys think?

terranova18 said:

NOTE: My post is purely prediction and deduction from what the Scenario Flavor Text has had so far. It may or may not have a direct bearing with the upcoming Scenario 2. I will justify my guesses when the Scenario itself appears.

The flavor text has had a bearing upon the Scenarios, from what I see. Last time Chapter One talked of giant hooves of a goat marked on the ground and people losing sanity everywhere, which was justified with Shub-Niggurath as the Ancient One for that (The Black Goat of the Woods) and the sanity modifiers being - well - modified. The characters, while most of them appeared in Chapter Two, did come out as they are and Calvin Wright's presence was of course, predictable.

With Chapter Two, the appearance of the Cult of the Hundred (which may or may not differ from BGoTW's One of the Thousand Cult) might suggest an Ancient One with a powerful Cult in Arkham. From what I can see on the Ancient Ones, its either Cthulhu or Nyarlathotep that have powerful cults at work (Cthulhu having an elite cult of worshippers, while Nyarly has innumerable cults). I'd predict that Nyarlathotep makes his appearance in the next one.

The characters of the story didn't seem to change, they just added in those that were in Scenario 1 but were not mentioned in the Scenario 1 flavor text. Maybe Michael McGlen would disappear or something would happen to him as he went out hunting for monsters as said in the story.

Regarding that, I would assume as well that monsters would have another status modified this time (since McGlen swore he "took care" of a monster already but it didn't die, which may possibly mean that they'd have either added toughness, modified combat ratings, or some other combat-related thing.)

What do you guys think?

Yuck... What if you have to kill monsters *twice* in this scenario for them to stay dead?

Or everything has the "endless" ability. That will keep the scores down.

I would say that Harvey, Amanda, and Sister Mary will be some of the Investigators in the list of available Investigators, and McGlen won't be on the list.

It sounds like every monster will have more Toughness this time around.