100pt Rebel list help

By Grave13, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Hello, Well Im hooked on this game already played one game with my kidos and was totally hooked. I dont have big number force of ships on either side on the factions but played a small game using the starter and a Y-Wing expansion. I can see it being easy to make a 100pt Imperial list , But trying to come up with a 100pt Rebel list man it's stumoing me, Rebels get so many upgrades, so many choices. I was thinking that a Y-Wing is more of a support /fighter and the X-Wings are direct attack. So I was thinking Possibly 3 X-Wings and 1 Y-Wing But the thing is I dont know even if all 4 ships are decked out in upgrades that it will come to a 100pts I know I want to Take Luke and Wedge but who would be a good choice for a 3rd X-Wing pilot? As for my Y-Wing pilot Im going to use Horton.

Please if anyone can give some advice or some Ideas on to what to add or not add I would greatly appreciate it..

Thanks in advance

here's how i throw out rebel builds.

1) start off with 3x rookie pilots. do any changes to them, eg swap 1 rookie for 1 luke etc.

2) do you have some combo in mind? eg. Wedge + expert handling + R2 astromech? Luke + R2D2 + marksmanship? Dutch with a full team of proton torpedoes? Wedge with marksmanship with Biggs drawing fire away from him? etcetc, it is much easier if you already have an idea of what you want to do, then work towards it. For example, you mentioned that you want to use horton. Ok, so let's focus on him. He excels with proton torpedoes, so we're gonna dump 2 on him. Ion cannons is a must, leaving you with the choice of astromech. Would you want to support him with dutch vander, or use R5-K6 so that he can be more independent? Maybe throw R2D2 on him and have biggs around? Are there any concerns with the slow Y-wing such that you want to consider an R2 astromech? etcetc.

3) Once your main idea is done, see your additional points, and what you can upgrade with. eg. changing the rookie pilots to red squadron pilots or even garven. Maybe throw in an extra proton torpedo or two

4) ?????

5) PROFIT

You might want to use the squad creator at http://home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/rebels.html

Play around with it and see what looks good to you. It will also help you to see really quickly that you can't take Wedge, Luke and Horton in one squad and have room still for another X-wing.

magadizer said:

You might want to use the squad creator at http://home.comcast.net/~jason.fuller/rebels.html

Play around with it and see what looks good to you. It will also help you to see really quickly that you can't take Wedge, Luke and Horton in one squad and have room still for another X-wing.

we already have a squad builder? lol that didnt take long. Ill definitly check it out thanks, And thanks for pointing me in the right direction on how to build a squad, I totally wasnt even thinking about combos,m It was good to point that out. Ill have to consider team choices carefully

I dropped the fourth ship. I’ve had a lot of luck with the rebels in this game. In fact all of the games I’ve played the rebels come out on top. I’ve taken the Luke, Wedge, Horton, combo, and I send Horton down the side of the table edge and cut loose with the Ion cannon. Thing can destroy Imperial plans. I’ve tried this with cheaper Y-wings and one on each side of the table. Then letting Luke and/or Wedge into the dogfight. This tactic is a little tricky and you need to watch for enemy fighters that come after your Y-wings, but the 360 degree firing arc of the Ion Cannon gets things done by not letting Imperials shoot back and letting better pilots like Wedge shoot down the imps. It is a longer game this way but the tactic is effective. Also I don’t use the torpedoes with the Y-wings. I want to be shooting that Ion cannon every turn. Remember that you don’t want to shoot Imps to set up Luke and/or Wedge to get a flaking range one attack with “Marksmanship.”

My list:
Wedge + Marksmanship = 32
Luke + R2-D2 + Marksmanship = 35
Horton Salm + R2-F2 + Ion Cannon = 33