New info about Revised Edition

By player1329291, in Runewars

More details about rules changes:

http://www.gametrademagazine.com/Home/1/1/58/818

1. New rune setup

2. Heroes have more functions!

3. Road to Victory is a standard rule.

Thank you for pointing this out! Good to see more info.

I'm happy to hear they are releasing the revised rulebook, compatible with the original game. I hope it comes out within the next week, we plan on playing on Nov 3rd! :)

At the German forums, some additional informations have been revealed:

1) All home realm setup markers may be placed three areas away from each other home realm setup marker.

2) Before home realm setup markers are placed, every player places one real and one false Dragon Rune token on the board.

3) The game ends in winter of the seventh year now (if none of the players could claim victory earlier).

4) Road to Victory is a standard rule now.

5) Heroes may be moved with the order cards "Mobilize" and "Conquer".

6) Heroes may support battles in their area: Players may assign every supporting hero to one of their unit classes. For that unit class, the player draws one additional Fate Card per supporting hero. This additional Fate Card may replace one of the regular Fate Cards. Thus, supporting heroes only raise the choice when resolving Fate Cards, not the overall number of resolved Fate Cards.

7) When an armies' battle strength is determined, rectangle units count one strenght even if they are routed.

8) Minor changes at some cards, encounter markers and at some units' special abilities.

Sorry for my bad English!

Excellent info Graf, and very good English.

I'm relieved to hear about new setup rules. In our last game it took us almost an hour and half (no joke) to finally come up with a valid starting setup. We almost stopped playing before we started.

Interesting, is there a link to the German forum for this? I'm not a german speaker, but I'd be interested in seeing what I get running it through Google Translate :)

Sure. It's here: http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=11951&start=17

and here: http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=11951&start=34

and here: http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=11951&start=20

(It's always the first posting by "DaWall". DaWall seems to be somehow related with the German Publisher, maybe a game tester, a lector or a supporter. His comment on the error deals with a misprint that's only in the first German print run.)

I'm not sure if this has already been asked somewhere else, but does anyone know if Banners of War is going to be released to fit in with the changes being made to the base game?

spalanzani said:

I'm not sure if this has already been asked somewhere else, but does anyone know if Banners of War is going to be released to fit in with the changes being made to the base game?

I'm not sure any of the changes to the base game are going to affect the stuff in Banners of War. Was there a particular BoW feature you had in mind?

sigmazero13 said:

spalanzani said:

I'm not sure any of the changes to the base game are going to affect the stuff in Banners of War. Was there a particular BoW feature you had in mind?

The one thing I had thought of was the faction sheets - this talk of a thinner card stock for the revised edition would mean, to my compulsive mind, they wouldn't match the add-ons from BoW…

spalanzani said:

The one thing I had thought of was the faction sheets - this talk of a thinner card stock for the revised edition would mean, to my compulsive mind, they wouldn't match the add-ons from BoW…

It would be nice if they would sell the thick (punch-board) faction sheets as part of an "upgrade kit". This way, FFG could serve the needs of both camps: those that want a less expensive game, and those that are willing to pay more for upgraded components.

An upgrade kit would be great, especially if theres a lot of changes in cards, tokens, units' special abilities and whatnot in the game, as stated on point 8 by Graf

"8) Minor changes at some cards, encounter markers and at some units' special abilities"

Would be a shame to have to buy a second core set just to get revised wordings…

They've released a PDF already of the changes, and the component changes are very minimal.

Exactly. No need to rebuy anything,

i feel very happy to have mountains in 3d!