Thinking of making a hastur/Yog-Soggoth deck. Any suggestions?

By SanguinousRex, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

I love driving people nuts, and an army of Elder Things seems like a nice backup ;) Anyone have any suggestion for deck construction? I currently only have 1 Core Set and 1 set of each of the Asylum Packs (the first 4). I might get a second Core Set because I want a second "Thing from the Stars" to concentrate on the "driving everyone nuts" emphasis of my deck, and some more Elder Things (I'll be happy with 2 if I can't afford 3). In considering cards, what do I need to concentrate on to minimize the impact of enemy characters who have Willpower?

Your best shot at Willpower in these factions is:

The Underwater Conspiracy
Cost 2 Conspiracy.
TTCAI
Text: If you win this conspiracy, you may cause all characters in play to lose willpower and then go insane, if able.

I would ditch Yog in favour of Cthulhu, though, so you can use:

-- Cthulhu --
Called by Azathoth
------------------
Type : Support
Cost : 1
Subtype : Attachment. Curse.
Game Text: Attach to a character. Treat attached character as if its printed text box were blank.
Flavor text:
Illustrator: Ian Kirkpatrick
Collector's Info: ASL F9

You might want to include a couple:

-- Neutral --
Mystic Bounty Hunter
--------------------
Type : Character
Cost : 3
Skill : 3
Icons : CCI
Subtype : Sorcerer.
Game Text: Action: Sacrifice Mystic Bounty Hunter to return to their owners' hands all Attachment cards in all discard piles.
Flavor text:
Illustrator: Laurel Austin
Collector's Info: CS F141

So you can get your Called by Azathoth's back once you run out.

Marius said:

Cost 2 Conspiracy.
TTCAI
Text: If you win this conspiracy, you may cause all characters in play to lose willpower and then go insane, if able.

So, you can only use Underwater Conspiracy against Willpower-Characters as i see it, right? Sorry for my questions, but i need a litle bit of trining with understanding the cards correctly :-)

Hmmm..

I'm not sure whether the effect drives only the formerly willpowered characters insane or

all characters? My first guess was all characters including those originally without willpower.

WintermuteZero said:

Marius said:

Cost 2 Conspiracy.
TTCAI

So, you can only use Underwater Conspiracy against Willpower-Characters as i see it, right? Sorry for my questions, but i need a litle bit of trining with understanding the cards correctly :-)

WintermuteZero said:

Marius said:

Cost 2 Conspiracy.
TTCAI

It works on all characters, but it's a good way to deal with willpower too.

Playing that combo, you typically do not have to worry about most of your characters going insane because of the Horror Factors on them. I currently play with that combo with a little Agency thrown in to assist with lack of combat and honestly to blow things up. It's working well for me, so my answer to willpower characters were to.... well just wound them with agency cards or something of that nature. Another good way that I accomplish that is with the Secret Stiletto and Sleepwalker combo to kill off which character I want. But that's just me. It is a nice deck combo though. I too want 2 more Thing from the Stars cards. With the insanity that this deck can bring it just makes good sense.