Great game, terrible choice of Item card size -- suggested solutions!

By lucid laxy, in Infiltration

Aloha from a member of Oahu Board Gamers,

We really enjoy Don Vaccarino's new game, Infiltration. HOWEVER, the design team made a terrible choice in creating the Item cards in the smallest size possible, with some of the smallest font possible. PLEASE be aware that among your customer base are those of us who are (1) getting a bit long in the tooth, i.e., our vision is becoming less acute, and it's a hassle to read the cards, and (2) physically handicapped, which means it's just plain difficult to manipulate those tiny little cards.

A COUPLE OF PROPOSED SOLUTIONS:

(1) Make a PDF available of the cards in a larger size, which customers could print out for themselves to make the game more enjoyable. We could take the cards and print them locally … expensive, but worth it.

(2) Produce an official enlarged set of cards for sale…generates more income for you, and makes your game(s) more accessible to those with some measure of disability.

Thank you.

Steve

Unfortunately, the second option I don't think would be viable. A print run of any size has considerable costs that would be very hard to justify, especially for duplicates for an admittedly small market. You may have to wait for a possible revision of the game to see anything changed. As for a PDF, with FFG's permission, you may be able to have someone on BoardGameGeek.com make a PDF for you though this also seems unlikely due to property rights and such. Best advice I can give is a hobby table magnifying glass :/