New units for axis. allied and SSU, Operation Icarus.

By Dreachon, in Dust Warfare

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Enjoy the new stuff coming, I will definetly be going for the Fledermaus, panzerprinz and the huts.

Dreachon said:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Enjoy the new stuff coming, I will definetly be going for the Fledermaus, panzerprinz and the huts.

It's all looking pretty awesome. I'm sure I'll be picking up everything but the new SSU walker (as I don't collect SSU at the moment). I'm especially excited about the new Allied weapon teams, and the fact that, as far as I can tell, you get both teams in one box.

Looks cool but I hope the allies get a few units to take that airfield!

A few months ago, I believe, I advocated for heavy weapons teams…and here they are, an HMG and a mortar team! Yahoo!!! The plane looks cool too. I wish they hadn't built a recovery KV, though; the way this game runs, it'll be a support unit, and those are too precious to waste on a unit that doesn't fight like crazy.

The German flyer gives SSU players a good reason to take the new tank that comes with AAA capability…

If they ever release the SSU attack Helo, I'd like to see how it would fare against the Axis bird.

I would like the Dust people to stop releasing information pushing the latest new models until they've caught up on the back-log of models not yet out. They are peaking interest far too early; by the time the models - and their rules for Warfare - are out, interest has waned.

It's like they're children at Christmas; they just can't wait to open those presents. No patience. They would be better served by holding off advertising new models until they are sure those models will be available within 6 weeks of product advertisement.

What have we got so far that they've adverted but not released, 13, 14 products? SSU: Attack heli, 2-3 Guards units, 2 tanks, 2 walkers. Germans: Heavy teams, a walker, an airplane. Americans: Marine weapons teams, Cogs, er, Legionaires. Not to mention Hades book and sewer supplement for Tactics. Man, that makes 15!

I reluctantly agree. My excitement to see the Icarus announcement was tempered by the fear that q1 is more like q2 or 3. Why not announce this around Christmas when q1 is starting? The hades warfare book is not even at the printer yet! It looks awesome but its far away…

Lol Warboss, you must have read my mind. I was thinking the same thing. I'm still waiting for the SSU Attack Helo. And here is the latest release info …… Where's my Helo? Then I'll look forward to what's new.

They should only announce things that are a month away from release the most. Three to six months away kills the excitement….

AshDOG said:

They should only announce things that are a month away from release the most. Three to six months away kills the excitement….

If they did that then there would be six other people bemoaning that the line is dead and that FFG has killed the game.

Three to six months lead for a product announcement is nothing.

I do agree that FFG focus should first be on solving their current backlog issues and make sure that stores get the stuff they have ordered before showing what is coming out in the next year, a month or 2 ahead sneak peak is fine.

Glad I am not the only one thinking, release something already.

Yeah, now if only it came in the painted premium version, I would be excited.

They also put out a new FAQ.

Dcal12 said:

You sure?, I haven't found it yet.

Dreachon said:

Dcal12 said:

You sure?, I haven't found it yet.

it is the top news feature on the dust warfare page. I think it is called keep your head clear.

A new FAQ is news indeed! Many thanks!

Hey Guys,

Where's the Allied flyer? It's got come out next.

Get_Outside said:

Hey Guys,

We haven't seen all the releases yet for Icarus, sofar they have shown only 4 boxes, you can bet we will see at least 4 more.

In the announcement for the Icarus Warefare book they talk about Übertoten superzombies…

Noticed that?

Get_Outside said:

Hey Guys,

theres artwork of it in the Icarus announcement. Looks to be a variation on a P-38

Darn said:

In the announcement for the Icarus Warefare book they talk about Übertoten superzombies…

Noticed that?

I'm hoping they are an I4 Zombie.

Holy smokes! I hope so too!