Possible Trail of Ithaqua Completion Bug (also possible spoiler?)

By Cagarron, in Elder Sign: Omens

I finished the Trail of Ithaqua quest today, and the game announced that I had unlocked an investigator (Wendy Adams). I then went to start a new game with Wendy (so I could see her stats) and she was still marked as locked. I went through and played the quest again and got the same unlock message again, but still she was not unlocked. Anybody else have this problem?

(Additional information that might be helpful: I'm running Elder Sign: Omens on an iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, and I played through the quest both times with just Rita Young in the party.)

Also had the same problem, after FINALLY beating Ithaqua at the end. Playing on iPad 2, iOS 6.0. Played with full party, down to two by the time I hit the cave.

I experienced the same thing. That was hard, too. I am on iPad 3 running iOS 6.

I have experienced the same thing…which is very disappointing because that was quite the difficult campaign.

Same problem. iOS 6.0, iPad 2.

Originally I had gotten the bad ending, but eventually (after *lots* of attempts thanks to that 'all supplies lost' event happening every other game or so) got a good ending that said she was unlocked.

During that campaign only 1 of my 4 investigators survived (Joe Diamond), but having lots of clues available, he succeeded without any failures. Got the investigator unlocked notice message, but when trying a new game she shows up as still locked.

I had the exact same problem (iPad 1, iOS 5.1.1). Beating "Trail of Ithaqua" is frustrating enough without getting cheated out of the prize at the end.

This seems to be a fairly common experience. So far nobody's joined this discussion with an "it worked fine for me."

How about it, Fantasy Flight?

Exactly the same happened to me, twice, with completely different "searching parties".

Ditto. Same problem on my iPhone. Beat it twice, different teams.

Same here. Finally won the Ithaqua campaign and rescued the professor, but she wasn't unlocked. Not cool FFG. Please fix the bug quickly and give us a way to unlock her.

Yup. After both my GF and I tried multiple times to unlock her, my GF got the message that she had.

Our is still locked too. :(

I have not between the "Big Chill" yet so don't know about bug first hand, a suggestion though.

If you find a bug use the links (small text - contact, user support etc) at bottom of page to contact FFG and report the bug directly. That is the way to bring bugs etc. to their attention rather than posting on fora.

I've heard back from technical support:

We apologize for shipping with this bug. We try to catch as many bugs as we can before we release, but unfortunately, we missed this issue.
We corrected this issue shortly after release and submitted a fix to Apple, but we're waiting on their approval still.
Unfortunately, you will need to beat Ithaqua again after this next patch (1.2.2) in order to get the investigator unlocked.

Sorry for missing this problem,
FFG Software Support

This is the second time that the game has been sent off with a fatal (consistently reproducible, no workaround) bug, and both times involving extra paid content. I remember the crash problem affecting the Cthulhu campaign as well. Something is clearly wrong with FFG quality-control testing prior to release. These are very very easy bugs to catch (in fact, pretty much impossible to miss). Not cool.

Fixed! Just beat Trail of Ithaqua (again…) and this time the investigator was ACTUALLY unlocked. She's spiffy.

titmouse said:

Fixed! Just beat Trail of Ithaqua (again…) and this time the investigator was ACTUALLY unlocked. She's spiffy.

Out of curiosity, what is the new investigator's ability? Is she actually worth of using?

Can anyone post Wendy's stats? (sanity, stamina, starting items, ability) I'm curious

I experienced the same thing.

Also meet this problem and have searched the google,but still can't find the answer.

Also meet this problem and have searched the google,but still can't find the answer.

Yes, I also have the same issue and I can't find the answer, some days ago I put this question on yahoo answers, but till now no answer,

It was a problem with the first release of the last expansion, if you have the last version surely it has to function. I sadly cannot help you because I unlocked the investigator when the problem was sorted so I don't know either if this bug resurfaced again. Hope you can unlock Wendy!!!