Units Falling Out Of Bases/Warped Tank Barrels

By ElizLestrad, in Tide of Iron

I recently (as of yesterday) recieved my copy of Tide of Iron and while I've read that many people have had problems with the pieces breaking trying to get them to fit into the bases I'm wondering if anyone has had the problem with units not staying in the bases. I have at least three officer (all on the German side) that you put them in one of the holes but the minute you touch the base they dont just wiggle around, they downright fall completely out of the base.

I also had issues with several of my tanks arriving with warped barrels and was curious if anyone had a way to straighten them out. I'm really warry about these pieces being warped after the headache I had with Cadwallon….

Dont get me wrong, FFG's games are fun to play and have great production value but this is the 3rd boardgame of theirs that I've purchased and the third boardgame where pieces have been warped/damaged. I think they need to have some better quality control here.

You can easily straighten the tank barrels by carefully immersing them in very hot (but not boiling) water. They should straighten by themselves, but if they don't you can (carefully) straighten them after removing them from the water. Then immerse them in cold water to set them in place.

However, the way they got warped in the first place was from being packed tightly together with other pieces. If you repack them in the same way, they may warp again.

Yeah, I knew about what caused the warping. Every game I've ever gotten where they jam all the stuff in bags that are too small the parts are always warped: Cadwallon, Ikusa, etc. You think they'd learn by now.

On another note, I think I found a possible solution (though I'm still waiting word from Customer Service) to the units falling out of the bases. On close inspection I noted that the pegs on the base of the problematic officers is shorter than the pegs on all the other infantry. After doing research I found modelling putty (plastic resin) that companies like Games Workshop uses to make their hard plastic models. If all else fails I might end up trying that to extend the pegs enough that they will stay in, though Id rather not have to do that.