Conditional 'At the beginning of your turn'-abilities

By Ser Folly, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

I was just wondering if two or more of those abilities would trigger at the beginning of your turn.

There's an example on page 22 core rules: 'Aesop's Pawnshop' and 'Wyldside' active, 'Pawnshop' trashes/sells 'Wyldside' -> no second effect.

Initially I thought that there is no other effect because technically after resolving the 'Pawnshop' ability the beginning of the runner's term has passed so that there is no second effect triggered.

But then I realized that 'Wyldside' is no longer around and thus can't trigger.

So what if the 'Pawnshop' had sold let's say 'The Toolbox' and 'Wyldside' is still active, would it trigger or is the trigger condition no longer valid as 'pawnshop' already ended the 'beginning of your turn'?

Is there anything in the rules?

Wyldside's effect would still go off, because the game is still resolving beginning-of-the-turn events (like multiple PAD or Adonis).

On a side note: I hope you're not seriously thinking of trashing the Toolbox to Aesop's Pawnshop (remember that Aesop's is optional).

Thanks for the clarification!

And 'no' I'd never trade my toolbox.

Khudzlin said:

On a side note: I hope you're not seriously thinking of trashing the Toolbox to Aesop's Pawnshop (remember that Aesop's is optional).

You sprung the trap Khudzlin!!!!

Actually I chose the toolbox for my example intentionally to see whether anyone would comment on the sheer absurdity of the notion of trashing the HOLY TOOLBOX. To me it seems the closest thing to the holy grail A:NR has.

I have to apologize for that little test of mine. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Ser Folly said:

Is there anything in the rules?

Yes, page 22

Simultaneous Effects
When one or more abilities have the same timing trigger or
can be triggered at the same time, each player chooses the
order his own abilities trigger. A player can trigger an optional
conditional ability before a required conditional ability if they
both have the same trigger condition.

That's actually the part of the rulebook I 'quoted' myself. Close Reading can be of help…sometimes.

So they actually trigger simultaneously but are resolved in whatever order the player chooses. If some ability became obsolete it does no langer resolve.

Ser Folly said:

So they actually trigger simultaneously but are resolved in whatever order the player chooses. If some ability became obsolete it does no langer resolve.

Correct it would no longer resolve.

Ser Folly said:

Actually I chose the toolbox for my example intentionally to see whether anyone would comment on the sheer absurdity of the notion of trashing the HOLY TOOLBOX. To me it seems the closest thing to the holy grail A:NR has.

I have to apologize for that little test of mine. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hehe, it just seems absurd to pay 9 credits to install the Toolbox and then deprive yourself of its 2 recurring credits (not to mention the extra memory and link) by trashing it for only 3 credits.

so just to make sure if i have wyldside and pawnshop out at the start of my turn if i dont want to draw cards i can use pawn shop to trash wyldside to gain the 3 credits before having to draw the cards and lose a click?

Suka044 said:

so just to make sure if i have wyldside and pawnshop out at the start of my turn if i dont want to draw cards i can use pawn shop to trash wyldside to gain the 3 credits before having to draw the cards and lose a click?

Yes that is the very example used in the rulebook on page 22.

oh haha great. the rules book is so big i must have missed that