Character Generation Worksheet?

By LETE, in Proofreading Changes

Hi:

I don't know if this qualifies as "proofreading" since it's totally missing, but, I believe it'll greatly help character generation to include a sort of "character worksheet" for the actual process.

Thanks!

L

Sorry, I meant to post here instead of there , but my original questions was going to be:

Do you have an example of what you're thinking about?

LETE said:

Hi:

I don't know if this qualifies as "proofreading" since it's totally missing, but, I believe it'll greatly help character generation to include a sort of "character worksheet" for the actual process.

Thanks!

L

Maybe not so much as a checklist, but just an example of putting together a character.

In the meantime, Agent 66 of the GSA put together a pretty useful step-by-step example of how to build a character for EotE.

gsa.thegamernation.org/2012/09/04/lets-build-a-character-edge-of-the-empire-edition/

Hi:

No. I was referring to an actual sheet that could help a player's choices when generating a character, intead of the player remembering what he/she put where. I've found my players a bit confused about the whole process, often needing a "scratch sheet" to work things out.

(Other games have had this to help…)

L

Hi:

Thanks for that!

Still, FFG, harken the testers!

L

LETE said:

No. I was referring to an actual sheet that could help a player's choices when generating a character, intead of the player remembering what he/she put where. I've found my players a bit confused about the whole process, often needing a "scratch sheet" to work things out.

And what is wrong with a bit of scrap paper… fulfils most of the functions as far as I can tell.

LETE said:

Hi:

L

I'm wondering if you've really read the Charcter Creation chapter, since it pretty much is a step-by-step guide on building a character, starting with Obligation and ending with Motivation and finishing touches. Admittedly, a few pieces got left out (namely starting credits, which per the Weekly Updates will be added into the final version), but the rest of it is pretty much the step-by-step hand-holding that your pleading for.

Also, the first couple characters anyone builds for a new game system are going to take a while, as there's new rules and new options to review and check out before making your final decision.

Plus, there's a character sheet, available either from the website or photocopied from the back of the actual book, for players to mark down what options they've taken as they build their character.

borithan said:

LETE said:

I have to say I have never come across a game that has provided this, at least as a base element of the core set. Maybe as a fan made download from a website, or at best an official download from a website, but not as a standard item.

And what is wrong with a bit of scrap paper… fulfils most of the functions as far as I can tell.

Hiyas:

Well, I have.

L

Donovan Morningfire said:

LETE said:

Hi:

L

I'm wondering if you've really read the Charcter Creation chapter, since it pretty much is a step-by-step guide on building a character, starting with Obligation and ending with Motivation and finishing touches. Admittedly, a few pieces got left out (namely starting credits, which per the Weekly Updates will be added into the final version), but the rest of it is pretty much the step-by-step hand-holding that your pleading for.

Also, the first couple characters anyone builds for a new game system are going to take a while, as there's new rules and new options to review and check out before making your final decision.

Plus, there's a character sheet, available either from the website or photocopied from the back of the actual book, for players to mark down what options they've taken as they build their character.

Hiyas:

& that's why we need a work sheet.

L