Mission Ideas

By Baphomet69, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Say, has anyone gone through old material like the D6 RPG modules and Star Warriors for mission/scenario ideas?

It's been a lot of years since I looked through that stuff, now I'm wondering if there's any material that could be converted…

I worked on a new Mission last night and just posted it to my blog

Its a Trap

I haven't looked that kind of material but I'm looking at using what was in the original X-Wing and Tie Fighter PC games.

Plenty of material to inspire missions to my mind.

I'm going to look to make some missions based off the missions from those game, have several in planning.

Over here, Star Wars isn't that big of a thing, although most people recognize the TIEs, X-wings, Y-wings, Darth Vader, Luke, R2D2 etc. As a result I had to turn the game into a sort of "casual party game" for all.

Capture the Flag

map setup :

[XXX====Red Team (F) starting point====XXX]

-

-

-

{asteroid belt}{asteroid belt}{asteroid belt}

{asteroid belt} {asteroid belt}{asteroid belt}

-

-

-

[XXX====Blue Team (F) starting point====XXX]

XXX -> respawn point (range 1 from either edge)

(F) -> flag (use the satellite token given in the core set for mission 3) (place the "proof of purchase" token under the flag, this token cannot be moved)

{asteroid belts} is just this strip of area across the middle of the map about 1 entire range ruler wide for all the obstacles

Overview :

Red Team vs Blue team, each with 4 ships. Teams must attempt to capture the opposing team's flag while defending their own flag. To win the game, a Team must plant the opponent's Flag next to their own Flag.

Ship selection :

both teams have the exact same ships, no customization allowed, Red team has initiative:

Each player controls only 1 ship. In the event that you do not have 8 players, you may assign more than 1 ship to a player, or simply choose 1 of the 4 ships, provided you do not repeat ships.

1) Academy TIE + Expert Handling + R2 astromech

2) Obsidian TIE + Squad Leader + determination + R5 astromech

3) Rookie X wing + 2 proton torpedo + no shields

4) Gold Y wing + ion cannon + no shields

Rules :

>> to capture the flag, attack it at range 1, then put the flag token on that ship. you may only capture your opponent's flag. At any point the ship holding onto a flag token is destroyed, return the flag token to the top of the "proof of purchase" token immediately.

>>upon successful capture of a flag, the flag-bearer ship gains +1 shield token (regardless of ship type)

>> to return the flag (and win the game), the teammate's ship holding onto the enemy's flag must make an attack on your team's flag at range 1. Yes, this implies that your opponent must not be holding onto your team's flag.

>>ALL PLAYER DEALT DAMAGE ARE TREATED AS CRITICALS ( except ion cannons and collisions with asteroids, from crit damage etc)

>>if your ship is destroyed, return it to the game with full health (and 2 proton torpedoes for the X wing) at either of your team's respawn points AT THE START OF THE NEXT ACTION PHRASE (ie. they do not get to move)

I stiched together a 3'x3' surface jpeg of the death star. made those little paper turrets and play with thos on the map as an added layer of terrain. (its on this message board somewhere) but im going further, gonna take the extrat prints from kinkos and I folded it to make a trench, 3 wide, and all i need is some foam core board to creat a surface support and I can play death star kill scenarios…run the trench, keep alive while DV is on your ass and shoot the exhaust port, then if you fail you gotta go around and make another turn. once the millenium falcon comes out Im gonna complete this. here is a pic.

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

aw man, how do i pic post…hmmm

sorry here are the picts of the game im imagining.

fisrt shot

next one IMG_0865.jpg

This was the first thing I thought of. Using these missions is a great way to set up a league or a campaign. Also with a little photoshop skillz, making tokens for containers and tugs would be easy.

Stats I'm thinking about using for containers are

red 0

Green 0

Yellow 3

Blue 3