Stalker

By boehm2, in Talents and Specialization Trees

Regarding the change to the 'Stalker' talent in the Week 5 Update, I just dont think it feels right anymore ….

BEFORE the change, it was 'While outdoords - Add one boost dice to Surveillance, Stealth and Coordination' This had both a nice flavor feel, (look at me, Im an outdoorsy ranger type) … Now AFTER the change its 'Always add one boost die to Stealth & Coordination' - Gone is thus the Ourdoorsy ranger feeling, now its just a flat bonus to a couple of skills …maybe its just me, but I really would prefer if this talent would be rolled back to the original condition of being outdoors, I would even be ok with it only working in actual rural environment … and in return gaining the bonus to Perception and/or Vigilance too - it just feels a bit bland right now

… atleast before if u paid 20xp for a level of this talent, u had the feeling that 'Hey in the OUTDOORS Im awsome! :D'

Yea I have the opposite feeling. I didn't understand why you could only "stalk" outdoors. The word "stalk" suggests to track stealthily or to track prey. To only be able to do these things outside just didn't make any sense to me and I am happy for the change.

The Assasin specialization has this in the first row of talents and I find it a wonderful way to show that a assasin is just a little bit better than everyone else at stealth and coordination even at character creation. I for one very much approve of its broader use.