Terrain Ideas

By Tristan617, in Dust Warfare

Sorry for the blank post before! I was going to try and delete it but don't know how or if it is even possible to do. (I am new)

But I was wondering if it would look appropriate scale wise to use the trees and landscape products from department 56 or Lemax products for Dust Warfare. Also, would it look very good if I mixed buildings that are sold from Fanstasy Flight Games and custom made building that are made from foam board in the same battle feild. What would be good to use as a bridge too? Sorry for the lot of questions, I want to clear them up before I go out and buy a bunch of stuff that wont work. The trees from Lemax and Dep 56 is already availiable from other family members that I was planning to use. I just wanted to hear you guys feed back and opinions. :)

After a few comments and feedbacks, I will build what I can and post pictures of what I have to get any suggestions to make it better. :)

Thanks,

Tristan

Pictures are always good. As long as the terrain looks good to you and everyone can agree on the type of cover it will provide in game. That's all that matters. Obviously if they are created by the same person, they should have that same feel and style to them.

Yeah, I think I'm going to make the board later today, but I'm not sure if it will be done in time to post pictures today. I may to a progression thing though for advice along the way to make it look good. I am Completely new at this, and this is the first board I have ever made! haha

Why can I not post a picture from my "My Pictures" instead of a website????

Because FFG's forum dosen't support uploading pics, they must be hosted elsewhere and linked to.

Alright! so I created a blog and described my board as it is at this moment, there are pictures there too. Please look at them and leave your thoughts please.

I would cut the board into 2'x2' squares so it can be made more modular. Great start so far though!

I may do that! Anyone know of a good way to make a wooden shack or some building to put on the third elevation piece that the armies dont deploy on? Also what could I put as terrain in the deployment zones somewhere so that it's not so barren and plain :)

No problem!

Here's a pic of that terrain ruin piece I got for 3 bucks. Got 3 sets. They are modular and can make a lot of different configurations. This is the standard one shown in the ebay pic. Good scale for the dust guys.

You can see the small building corner and wall I also made as well.

pic1443733_lg.jpg

bah, forgot about the image size constraint.

Link to bigger version

pic1443733_md.jpg

well the first thing i would do is look thruough the warfare book and look at all the listings they have for the fortificatrions and make those.This may sound odd, butt you can actualy use toilet paper to make good craters, or trenches. Also i have found that cases for vidoe games, or dvds that I dont use make realy good biulding wreckage, or rubbel. Or you could go nuts and smash up an old coputer or tv, take the parts from that and just load your battlefield with rubbel. Trust me it works everytime.

Zuggzug I wanted to comment to say how awesome your setup looks! Also, off topic, but in that pic, the shelf below the Dust minis…are those minis from Descent? ;)

Thanks! Been working on some other projects and I just got a puppy, so my dust stuff has taken a back seat the past few months. I'm back on it now though! Yes, those are the 2nd Ed decent guys. Under them I have all the D&D board game minis, and 1st ed. There is also more Dust and some Super Dungeon Explore :) . I've got two of those cabinets.

Was just going through some toys my daughter has outgrown and found some toy houses that are the perfect scale. Figure I might start watching at flea markets and yard sales for more like them.

I can't wait for the quonset's in Icarus. Those will be great for all my games