Abstract Income

By graver2, in Dark Heresy House Rules

That maybe how you play the game, but personally I like my players to do things in game that actually reflect their learning. They can't get forbidden knowledge xenos if they've spent the whole game chatting up prostitutes in a brothel downhive.

That's also how the rules suggest the game to be played - as long as something is on your advancement chart and you have the XP, you can get it. Detailed explanation is reserved for Elite Advances.

In this regard his argument makes perfect sense. Money is nowhere near as restricted as experience, whether ingame or in reality. It is far easier to rationalise getting 100 million dollars in an RPG than receiving 50,000 XP all at once to advance your character (although still possible depending on the setting).

In reality? Perhaps. In game? Characters usually gain their allotment of money every month. On the other hand side, during that time they may get no XP at all (no games played while the characters are in warp transit) or around two thousand (about six sessions à 300 XP with a climactic final for a few more). If you want a "realistic" system, abolish XP and use learning times.

this is awesome and avoids a lot of the trouble I was counting on having. Sure it simplifies things a bit much, but it's probably for the best.

Plus it makes lore and peer more useful.

Looking it over it though, what is frailty and hubris?

Looking it over it though, what is frailty and hubris?

An alternative morality system presented somewhere in the depths of the forums. Should be easy to find using the search function.

I was afraid of that. Being new and with a new group I was hoping to keep the extra rules to a minimum. But it's worth looking into since I'm noticing a bit of overlap between coruption and insanity. I was considering splitting coruption in two... one for warp taint, one for moral coruption. (which makes the talent 'dark soul' very confusing, I was considering changing it to blessed soul or something)

Nice work! I like reading new inventive takes on rules. I nabbed a bit of the spycraft 2.0 system for lifestyle and spending money, which my players seem to like. They're all quite used to keeping track of large amounts of gear so a little extra boookeeping doesn't phase. them. Can't see them liking the slot choice system though.