First games

By Ologotai, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Guys

Played last night. First game was Red Squadron pilot with R5 (the one that gives you target lock back) versus Academy Pilot and Obsidian Sqd pilot.

Both my TIES were shot down - my opponents dice were hot and having both TIEs have to move prior to the X-Wing meant I couldn't fully utilise the TIE's extra mobility and very cool barrel roll ability.

For the second game we switched sides. I took Red Sqd pilot again, this time with R2-D2 and my opponent took "Night Beast" and Academy pilot.

A lot more nip and tuck in this game but with Night Beast's special Focus ability and higher pilot skill I really struggled. Again my opponents dice were hot, but I got caught in a classic "chain" situation with me pursuing Academy pilot whilst I was tailed by Night Beast. I kept having to use my Focus to shrug off hits, whilst the Academy pilot used Evade to reduce my chances of scoring damage.

I kept using R2 D2 where I could to replenish my shields as I took hit afetr hit. All told I reckon I replaced 6 shields! But I was sandwiched and just couldn't throw Night Beast off. I was down to one shield when I took a hit and a critical hit. The critical got through of course and was a "Direct Hit" so I lost two hull points.

In desperation I tried to break out of the "circle of doom" by using a Kooiogan Turn but Night Beast slowed to maintain position and with a rnage 2 head-on shot got the point of damage needed to finish me off.

So two games, two losses - but great fun!!

Cheers

Andy

That's exciting! I'm glad you enjoyed it, even though you lost. I've never seen a chain like that in this game before, but it sounded intense.