Making Jinteki Work?

By LordTC, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

I found the biggest problem for me with Jinteki was that the opponent had no need to run at my cards until I put counters on them. I decided to try and change that:

Ice (21):

The weakest part of the deck. If these were stronger I could see playing cell portal, but a lot of the time the opponents 2nd pass through isn't going to cost enough. Cell portal is also pretty terrible when you draw it late.

3 Ice Wall (3 Influence) -> One of the most effective early ice.

3 Wall of Static -> Worst Ice in the deck

3 Enigma -> Limited value here with no Biotech ice

3 Neural Katana -> Very few sentry options here, this one works well for the deck.

3 Wall of Thorns -> Unexciting

3 Chum -> Very cost efficient ice, particularly in combination with tricky stuff.

3 Data Mine -> Largely for combo with chum. Very underwhelming otherwise.

Revenue Generation (6):

3 Hedge Fund

3 Adonis Campaign (6 Influence)-> Sometimes worth guarding with a cheap ice, or setting up in a main remote server early to be replaced by an agenda later.

Agendas (9):

3 Nisei MK II (One of the best in the game)

3 Private Security Force (awful but no other option)

3 Priority Requisition (no other option)

Upgrades (4):

2 Sansan city grid -> Force your opponent to run at a snare since you can complete Nisei and Sec Force from 0 to done in one turn.

2 Akitaro Watanabe -> Might replace these to get more ice, but this is somewhat cost efficient and can represent SCG.

Deck Manipulation (3):

3 Precognition -> One of the best cards in the game, lets you do a lot to time agendas, traps, and tricks.

Ambushes (6):

3 Snare!

3 Project Junebug

Thoughts? Ideally I'd like a way to be able to complete agenda's in 1 turn to force an opponent to run at my deck, but I think this version can at least force an opponent to run at a snare if you have 3 credits up and an upgrade in server.

I'm not a big fan of Cell Portal. If I rez a piece of ICE, I should not be forced to spend my credits to rez it again just because a Runner approached the outermost ICE.

I'm also running a Jinteki deck and it's primary function is hand kill, not Agendas. In cases like this, you might want to put in higher cost Agendas in your deck because you'd want to start baiting the Runner to thinking you're going for the big Agenda points as fast as you can. Then you plop (even early) a Snare or Junebug as a server, "advance" the agenda 2 or 3 (4 to really make them think you're going for a big point agenda, then BAM! Instant win.

As far as ICE is concerned, make sure your R&D is well protected and put like a solid defense (but not impossible) on the sever you're looking to Junebug.

I just loaded my Jinteki deck with lots of Meat and Net damage cards. It may not be much, but taking one card from the Runner's hand can really spell doom if they decide to use their first click to run on a Junebug with 2 counters.

agendas

i would change the security force for AstroScript Pilot Program with sansan that is a single turn install and score

• i can see where adonis looks good but i think you would get more use from Beanstalk Royalties

Sagefoxwood said:

agendas

i would change the security force for AstroScript Pilot Program with sansan that is a single turn install and score

• i can see where adonis looks good but i think you would get more use from Beanstalk Royalties

Astro script is an NBN agenda. None of the current faction agendas can be used out of faction -- no influence cost is not equivalent to a zero influence cost. A Jinteki deck with an Astroscript Pilot Program is an illegal deck.

why not try heimdall 1.0 or viktor 1.0? since you are going for hand destruction these guys could help. if your opponent is unlucky enough to take the brain damage thats going to really hurt or if he spends his clicks to prevent it then he cant draw back up. seems good on paper i need to test it out

radioactivemouse said:

I'm not a big fan of Cell Portal. If I rez a piece of ICE, I should not be forced to spend my credits to rez it again just because a Runner approached the outermost ICE.

I think you have the same misconception I did when I first read Cell Portal. It actually kicks them out to your outermost ICE, effectively starting the run over, then de-rezzes. It can be really strong in the right combo especially if they burned a lot of credits getting through the first time.

When combined with the right card(s), Cell Portal can win you the game, especially if you can afford to rez it twice during the same run. It creates this sort of feedback death loop the runner gets stuck in unless they jack out. One of my favs is

Chum

|

Archer (or Ichi, or Toll Booth)

|

Cell Portal

Disqobandit said:

radioactivemouse said:

I think you have the same misconception I did when I first read Cell Portal. It actually kicks them out to your outermost ICE, effectively starting the run over, then de-rezzes. It can be really strong in the right combo especially if they burned a lot of credits getting through the first time.

Wow…you really need some interpretation in order to get some of these cards. Now it makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!