GM Resources: More Ships

By mrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Hi all,

Waiting for next week to play this again, so in the meantime as an original '77 Star Wars fan (just!), gamer and owner of all of WEG's SW:RPG books and even some of the WoTCs; here are some more frieghters and the like for your own SW:EoE game… definitely a work in progress but hopefully of some help to you all out there… links to wookiepedia will give you some images of the ships:

http://sdrv.ms/UyY4sG

It's a very YT-Series centric list right now, but then 95% of all gaming groups go for a YT :o ) There are the three variants of the Y-Wing too (note I have 'corrected' the BTL-A4 single-seater's fire arc for the ion cannons).

I've added rarity ratings for each based on the Outer Rim four years before the Battle of Yavin, which is when I have set my Edge of Empire game.

I have changed the cargo capacity of some of the ships in the EoE rulebook to match those of various other sources… some of these stats I have lived too long with to change now! :o )

Enjoy and feel free to argue/question and add your own below. I expect the X-Wing's stats will cause discussion!

Matt

Did you forget to link to the file, or am I just being too dense to find the link?

Nice, although I'd like to have a pdf version, or libre office calc, easier to download and use for me at least.

I wonder how you generated these stats, although I have nothing (really) to criticize - I actually found a good use for the YT-1930. Potential employer and stuff.

Digression: I have tested to let the characters not start with obligations - but rather get them through play (of course if they wanted extra xp and stuff they could by "extra" obligations). It seems they will have an obligation to Jabba next time, for giving them the ship of their "employer".

I second a pdf version.

Awesome job!

Actually, the starship list is more or less perfect for a core book. I would hope that FFG will put out a 'Vehicle Guide' at some point.

What I would suggest is an example of a 'Swoop Bike' and an 'Air Speeder' that isn't the Bespin Cloud Car, which has some unique visual features. This way GMs could 'design' their own makeshift vehicles, and get a sense of what all sorts of Speeders that are available.

After all, Nar Shadaa is effectively a smaller Coruscant with it's entire surface covered in a massive cityscape, so it would have more Air Speeders about. And it is a rim world, where this game takes place.

Considering this game is about smuggling (among other things) I am surprised to see no Customs corvette - both RCR (I assume OCR) and I am certain D6 had it in the core book… we can't have the players always being boarded and inspected by CR90s or Neb-Bs … I could give it a go myself, but I haven't got the time just now, perhaps later today.

Jegergryte said:

Considering this game is about smuggling (among other things) I am surprised to see no Customs corvette

Transport_%28Kuat%29.jpg

Imperial_customs_Corvette_SotG.jpg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Corvette

Light Corvette
Craft: Rendili StarDrive’s Light Corvette
Alignment: Empire
Era: Rise of the Empire
Source: Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters (pages 76-7), Pirates & Privateers (page 83)
Type: Imperial customs vessel
Scale: Star?ghter
Length: 180 meters
Skill: Space transports: light corvette
Crew: 52, gunners: 6, skeleton: 18/+10
Crew Skill: Space transports 5D, starship gunnery 5D+2, starship shields 5D+1
Passengers: 20
Cargo Capacity: 500 metric tons
Consumables: 2 months
Cost: Not available for sale
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: x8
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 8
Atmosphere: 365; 1,050 km/h
Hull: 5D+1
Shields: 3D
Sensors:
Passive: 30/1D
Scan: 60/2D
Search: 90/4D
Focus: 4/4D+1
Weapons:6 Double Turbolaser Cannons
Fire Arc: Turret
Crew: 1
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 300-1.5/3.5/7.5km
Damage: 4D

Although I would like to see at least as many new designs as returning ones. h

Imperial Customs Corvette

Hull Type: Frigate

Ship Class: Light Corvette

Manufacturer: Rendili Stardrive

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 2, Backup: Class 8

Navicomputer: Yes

Ship's Complement: 52 officers, pilots, and crew

Passenger Capacity: 20 stormtroopers

Encumbrance Capacity: 500 tons

Cost: N/A

Silhouette: 5 Sensor Range: Long

Speed: 3 Handling: 0

Defense: 2/2/2 Armor: 5

Hull Integrity: 60 Strain Threshold: 30

Customization Hardpoints: 2

Weapons

Three Port and Three Starboard Turret Mounted Twin Medium Turbolasers (Fire Arc Forward, Aft and Port or Forward, Aft and Starboard; Range Long; Damage 11; Critical 3; Breach 3; Linked 1; Slow-firing 1)

Weapons may be too much for the ship in the current system. Not sure if it seems too good for what it is.

I think I'd make it light turbolasers, perhaps not linked even, but light cannons definitely, fraction smaller damage and less range - which I think is fair. I'm vary of the long range weapons.

Although the sensor range can remain long - a similar mod to the subspace transceiver except for sensors…

Jegergryte said:

I think I'd make it light turbolasers, perhaps not linked even, but light cannons definitely, fraction smaller damage and less range - which I think is fair. I'm vary of the long range weapons.

Although the sensor range can remain long - a similar mod to the subspace transceiver except for sensors…

Yeah I was thinking that originally. Plus I think the medium ones are too big for the silhouette.

Imperial Customs Corvette

Hull Type: Frigate

Ship Class: Light Corvette

Manufacturer: Rendili Stardrive

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 2, Backup: Class 8

Ship's Complement: 52 officers, pilots, and crew

Passenger Capacity: 20 stormtroopers

Encumbrance Capacity: 500 tons

Cost: N/A

Silhouette: 5 Sensor Range: Long

Speed: 3 Handling: 0

Defense: 2/2/2 Armor: 5

Hull Integrity: 60 Strain Threshold: 30

Customization Hardpoints: 2

Weapons

Three Port and Three Starboard Turret Mounted Light Turbolasers (Fire Arc Forward, Aft and Port or Forward, Aft and Starboard; Range Medium; Damage 10; Critical 3; Breach 3; Slow-firing 1)

I like it. I'm going to use it next session I think. They just delivered the crates of krayts, Sinasu was happy and handed them some cash - even extra for killing Pon before the encounter with the Bounty hunters got ugly… which didn't really make the whole thing that fun for me. So now they need to find some new work and stay away from Nar Shaddaa - having left a bill at Rowo's Landing (they were broke and did good on deceit). Minos Cluster here they come? This game is basically Tramp Freighters stand-alone. Plus a little more.

Cool. Let me know how it plays out. I'd be interested to know.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3705851/3bn-gold-yacht-is-worlds-most-expensive.html

gold-4-low-res.jpg

+++++THIS gold-plated superyacht is said to be the most expensive on the planet — worth a staggering £3BILLION.

The British-designed vessel is adorned with 100 tons of gold — covering more than half its surface.

The 100ft craft, which has been billed as the world's most unique yacht, has sleeping quarters covered in platinum and a statue made from the bone of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.+++++

Seemed relevant.

I'm now in the process of compiling a list of ships - including the customs corvette version of yours, plus some of the YTs from the thread starter, except I've modified some of them a bit, to fit with the descriptions on wookiepedia, dropping the various YT-1300 types, as the rulebook does contain a stock verison, which is a mix between the stock and F version in the xls document above. Never really took very much liking to various version of the same freighter, not really usable for my groups. Now, I'm going to move on to looking through my complete collection of the SW Gamer magazine and look up my favourite ships for conversion there. I have no ETA, but the libre office document can be uploaded in case someone wants access.

I need some pointers on this ship a YZ-775 from SW Gamer 2 (and possibly some WEG source I either don't have or haven't searched thoroughly enough)

1000px-Yz-775.JPG

YZ-775 Transport
Hull Type: Transport
Ship Class: YZ-775
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 1, Backup: Class 12
Ship's Complement: 8 (1 pilot, 1 co-pilot, 5 gunners, 1 engineer)
Passenger Capacity: 14
Encumbrance Capacity: 400 metric tons
Consumables: 6 months
Cost: 500,000 (new), 350,000 (used)
Silhouette: 4 (52 meters long) I am uncertain, perhaps it should be 5, but I feel that 4 is more fitting, as its less than half the size of the Action VI and MB-C1.
Sensor Range: Medium
Speed: 3
Handling: -1
Defense (shield): 2/1
Armor: 4
Hull Integrity: 30
Strain Threshold: 20
Customization Hardpoints: 3 (perhaps 2? or more?)
Weapons:
Light turbolaser cannon (on a transport i s perhaps crazy, but its what the stats says so I went with the smallest.
Fire Arc: Front, port and starboard (partial turret)
Range: Medium
Damage: 10
Critical: 3
Qualities: Breach 2, slow-firing 1, linked 1.

Two twin light laser cannons
Fire Arc: Turret (1 front, starboard, aft, 1 front, port and aft)
Range: Close
Damage: 5
Qualities: Linked 1

Two proton torpedo tubes
Fire Arc: Front
Range: Short
Critical: 2
Qualities: Blast 6, Breach 6, Guided 2, Limited ammo 12 - I just realised that I can up the limited ammo quality to fit the description. Perhaps 12 is a bit high, halving it might be better.

I'm now on to the YV-100 and 330 (both from SW Gamer issue 02), the latter only existing in a modified form with heavy laser cannons, ligh ion cannons, autoblasters and concussion missile launchers. I have removed the concussion missles launchers and ion cannons. Additionally I made the laser cannons medium rather than heavy. Autoblasters remain as is. I was considering letting the ion cannons be (instead of the autoblaster), and lower from linked 3 to linked 1, but I'm not certain about that. If anyone got these magazines, please look them up and tell me what you think.

Jegergryte said:

I need some pointers on this ship a YZ-775 from SW Gamer 2 (and possibly some WEG source I either don't have or haven't searched thoroughly enough)

1000px-Yz-775.JPG

YZ-775 Transport
Hull Type: Transport
Ship Class: YZ-775
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation

Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 1, Backup: Class 12
Ship's Complement: 8 (1 pilot, 1 co-pilot, 5 gunners, 1 engineer)
Passenger Capacity: 14
Encumbrance Capacity: 400 metric tons
Consumables: 6 months
Cost: 500,000 (new), 350,000 (used)
Silhouette: 4 (52 meters long) I am uncertain, perhaps it should be 5, but I feel that 4 is more fitting, as its less than half the size of the Action VI and MB-C1.
Sensor Range: Medium
Speed: 3
Handling: -1
Defense (shield): 2/1
Armor: 4
Hull Integrity: 30
Strain Threshold: 20
Customization Hardpoints: 3 (perhaps 2? or more?)
Weapons:
Light turbolaser cannon (on a transport i s perhaps crazy, but its what the stats says so I went with the smallest.
Fire Arc: Front, port and starboard (partial turret)
Range: Medium
Qualities: Breach 2, slow-firing 1, linked 1.

Two twin light laser cannons
Fire Arc: Turret (1 front, starboard, aft, 1 front, port and aft)
Range: Close
Damage: 5
Qualities: Linked 1

Two proton torpedo tubes
Fire Arc: Front
Range: Short
Critical: 2
Qualities: Blast 6, Breach 6, Guided 2, Limited ammo 12 - I just realised that I can up the limited ammo quality to fit the description. Perhaps 12 is a bit high, halving it might be better.

Fair point. I guess. I'm thinking 3, since most other ships have 4, 5 or 6 in the transport section - yes I know these are not as well armed - neither are anyone of them this expensive… I figure it's fairly large, got big power sources, and a big cargo and passenger compartment to take space from… although that might not be what HPs are signifying. This is the stock version of the starship - believe it or not.

Going through old SWRPG sources I realised how nice the OCR Starships of the galaxy was, particular its starship creation system - way better than the SAGA edition version.

I'm thinking of converting that system, so to speak, making a similar system of construction points. I guess HPs would be the same as emplacement points bought during this creation procedure - which sounds about right.

Only thing I need some pointers on is how to define different silhouettes size-wise… It seems no starship is smaller than silhouette 3, which would cover OCR/RCR d20 starship sizes fine to tiny, silhouette 4 would be small to medium, 5+ be anything larger. Sounds fair?

I also desire a more extensive mod system, which I think OCR has, which means rebuilding and larger modifications to ship - here SAGA might serve well too. One version of the YZ-775 has been rebuilt to have a small hangar for an a-wing (or some other small starship) - it's in another SW Gamer issue. These sort of changes should also be present, but of course not in the core book - it's perfect for a supplement I guess - "Starships and shadow ports" or something. Yes, definitely needed.

Right. Here is an initial document on mainly CEC starships, plus 1 rendili ship - the customs corvette as supplied by mouthymerc. I have taken the liberty to modify the thread starters versions in some cases, and have not included all of his/her work either.

Please submit feedback.

In time this document should also contain a starship creation system akin to the one found in the Starships of the Galaxy - OCR and perhaps some from the SAGA edition, with guidelines for larger mods too. This is very much a work in progress.

Right, not promising - but thinking out loud - this unofficial catalogue will probably turn into at least two catalogues; 1 listing potential ships for the free-trader and pirate crews, whereas the 2nd will list threats to these, like imperial customs, strike teams and the like. So, since I'm going to set my campaign in the Minos Cluster I will have to make some stats for the Victory -class stardestroyer, which is going to be fun. I guess I get to introduce silhouette 6 for that?

These small supplements will mainly contain ship stats, but perhaps something on minions, henchmen and nemeses pilots too. Also, as we don't know much about how to treat starfighters as "wings" - I might have a go on that too. Treat it similarly to normal minion groups basically, but with an opening to include henchmen (at least) in these wings too? meh… that comes much later though, first stats for ships. I've registered at GSA, so I might put it out through that channel, if they want me to/let me.

I like it. The Mouldy Crow is a much smaller ship than those stats would imply though - note the size of Jan Ors head here, and ponder where the 6 passengers and 150 tons of cargo go.

109664473_718afdfae4_o.gif

Fair point, although I have been going off the wookiepedia statistics - don't think there's any official rpg sources from earlier editions (EDIT: I'll look up my copy of the Force unleashed campaign guide - which seems the only source from wookiepedia; plus some outdated wotc pages). I guess its more of a patrol craft type, or perhaps a real small freighter when looking at that picture. I'll scourge my other sources when I get home from work.

Initial thought, lower the cargo to 20 tons, only crew, perhaps 1 passenger seat, make it silhouette 3, up speed and add a weapon. Although I'm first looking for more sources and images to compare its size. Old computer games had issues with scaling things sometimes.

Soooo! The female has been watching glittering vampires and bad acting - on par with Hayden Christensen I must say: "I wish I could just wish these…" and so on.

While she did that, I have been working on some more stuff.

While the last one didn't really create that many reactions - and its still possible to download, this new one is has no customs corvette, a table of contents and a small introduction.

Please slap me in the face with your opinions on these write-ups.

AW: I have down-graded the cargo space and passenger capacity for the HWK-290 - though I'm still thinking it can carry about 15 tons, although volume wise it can't carry as much as other ships of course.

Edit: fixed the link and re-uploaded the doc.

Jegergryte said:

While the last one didn't really create that many reactions

I like to pretend that when no one says anything it means you are so obviously correct and clever that there is nothing to argue about. But seriously, the Black Hole of Quality is a thing.

http://gridlore.dreamwidth.org/288970.html

You want reactions, you gotta say something controversial. h

Relatedly, how would one convert metric tons to these "encumbrance" units that EotE uses? I'm thinking of just using tons for normal smuggling runs, I have enough resources from earlier versions to make good - but it would be nice to have a conversion "rate" or methods. The Action VI can carry 90,000 tons or so, yet has "only" a 1000 encumbrance capacity. So I guess its a cross beween volume and mass, unwieldly though it may be…