Team Play rules: Special Abilities

By magadizer, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Can this be right?

The team play rules state that:

Abilities that affect ships belonging to the same team (for example “Biggs Darklighter’s” ability) affect all ships on that team, regardless of who the owner is.

Doesn't that mean that if you have Darth Vader, according to these rules, then EVERYONE on the Imperial team gets two actions?

I know that if I am reading this right you would get all the other abilities too, but this seems out of control. The game is pretty much the same as a two player in terms of balance except that more than one player is controlling a side, so you don't know what maneuvers will occur for all your team's players.

I wouldn't play with this rule at home unless someone here could tell me a good reason for it.

Nope, that rule just means that your special abilities that care about friendly ships consider your teammates as friendly as well. Thus, Biggs can be used to draw fire from your partner's ship as well as your own ships. It does not grant every ship every other ship's abilities.

Wow. No.

Abilities that affect ships belonging to the same team

This just allows the two teams to act as one team for purposes of area buffs (like howlrunner giving re-rolls to adjacent friends for example)

It doesn't say all pilot abilities affect all pilots.

dbmeboy is quite right.

I see. You know, if all you ever read is my posts on this forum, you would have to conclude that I had an IQ south of 40.

It seems obvious now what the rules means.

Thanks again.