Rules Question response

By Aahzmandius_Karrde, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Has anyone recieved an official "Rules Question" response since release? I've submitted a few going back over a month and haven't gotten any response.

In the past, FFG has released a list of frequently asked rules questions, and their official answers. I don't think they respond to individual questions. There'll be a big obvious announcement when the FAQ comes out.

They do respond to individual questions, but they may be choosing not to respond this early in the game's lifespan in order to compile the Qs which are FA so that the FAQ can be more useful and comprehensive.

They may also be shying away from answering questions at this point because they want to make sure that everyone on the design team is on the same page with rulings, and aren't giving off-the-cuff answers that will have to be altered later.

I received this reply from a FFG moderator just the other day. So, hopefully we'll have an official FAQ by mid October.

We review the forums and compile all those questions and concerns.

The entire pile is reviewed by the development team, then discussed until we commit to final answers. At this time a single FAQ document is produced and posted on that product's Support page so it is available to all. I estimate you will see an X-Wing FAQ document posted within three weeks.

This is just a partial response to a much longer email as I had several questions. The point is they will not respond on the forums, but do read the forums when coming up with the FAQ. So, keep posting your questions here!

And I just got this response to two separate questions I sent in.

To ensure accurate and complete information, we are spending time collecting questions and compiling answers for this brand new game. Once this process is complete, we will answer your questions in a timely manner.

Thank you for your patience!

-FFG Customer Service